Chapter Five: What..in the world?

@Magen4Raven  and I had SO much fun writing this chapter! Hope you enjoy it!

Victor's P.O.V

My fingers slipped through my wavy hair once again as my reading glasses slipped down the bridge of my nose. Having to push them up for the third time made me wonder how in the world Kota deals with this. I looked over to Corey and we both sighed before packing up our laptops and other tech. We were once again late to a family meeting due to our work.

"What do you think the meeting is about?" Corey brought his hand to his hair combing the strands back before looking at me.

"All I know is it has to do with North, and Luke. Something with their biological family though." Corey looked concerned and honestly I couldn't blame him. Maybe their dad was back? Maybe one of their moms? Did their dad drop off another sibling for them to look after or something?

"Lets get home before Axel and the rest do. That way we can figure this all out." I loaded up our tech into the back before getting into the driver's seat.

"Hey Vic, can I tell you something? I plan on telling the team tonight, but I really want to tell you now." He fidgeted in his seat which was not a normal Corey thing to do.

"Sure what's up?" I asked taking my reading glasses off and setting them in the blue case and tucking them in the glove compartment. I started the car and shifted into drive before heading home.

"I- I am into bothguysandgirls!"

"What? Corey, calm down I can't understand you when you jumble things together. I won't judge you I swear."

"I'm bi-sexual"

"Knew that already, Cor."

Corey POV

The drive back to the house is quiet. Not because of what I said but mainly because of how I feel now. I didn't engage Vic on anymore conversation and I believe he respected me with silence.

How could I have just blurted that out? I have been planning on telling my family for quite some time but I guess I felt comfortable voicing it first with Vic.

We pull to a stop outside of the house and I notice that the door was left open. Huh? That's strange especially for our family with security being top priority.

Vic must have noticed the same thing and we gave each other the look which we usually do in our family. Silent communication comes in handy and is vital with missions.

"Hey Vic I see North made it back. Do you think we are going to start the meeting now?"

"I don't know Cor, I guess there's only one way to find out. And before we go in I want you to know as your brother I support whatever you are and I know that all of the guys will feel the same as me. We love you brother and never doubt that."

Victor's speech gives me the boost of confidence to face whatever it is that life holds for me.

"Thanks man, really, that means the world to me."

The screaming and shouting has us both pausing then dashing towards the door. When we hurry through the opening it is quite the scene to walk in on.

The most beautiful bird I've ever seen is holding a fruit cup with a smirking Raven looking smug at all the guys in the room. What in the hell just happened and my heart plummets towards the floor. Is Raven wanting this girl now and where does that leave us?

My eyes filled with tears, yet I shifted them to the floor. I felt a hand on my shoulder and recognized Victor's shoes. Of course, he would be the first person to notice.

"Um, Raven, I-uh well I can't accept this." Her voice reminded me of when I would leave the window open in spring as Vic and I did programming. Simple yet easy is my taste I guess.

"But, you already have" Raven looked smug.

"So it wouldn't spill on the floor. That's difficult to clean up."

"Are you a mother?" This time it was Axel who spoke up. Where...did he come from?

"Almost was but, not anymore." Her face drew pale worrying me.

"Why don't you sit down, Miss?" I gently guided her to a seat and sat her down before shoving past Raven. It took my whole being to bump into him roughly like that before heading into the kitchen to fetch her water. "Stupid Russian idiot, making me act like this."

Axel POV

The only thing I can think of walking into the house is what a shit show this is going to be. A mission with our boys hitting so close to home is going to be nothing but stressful. My heart goes out to both North and Luke. What they must be going through emotionally is horrible. I know they will always have us but losing some of the only blood family they have has to be heart wrenching.

I come to stop and see this blonde bombshell arguing with Raven and refusing the fruit. This is going to be good. When she comments how she just wanted to avoid a mess my mind instantly takes me to her being a mother.

"Are you a mother?" I know she doesn't recognize the voice so I must have startled her but as soon as she registers a new person, herface shuts down of emotion and she breaks eye contact with me.

"Almost was but, not anymore."

Oh no and that could only mean?

Corey guides her towards our living area so that we could get out of the entryway.

"Why don't you sit down, Miss?" And he turns and walks towards the kitchen. That's odd Corey is never rude towards anyone.

"Oh I'm Sang Sorenson, I don't believe I know any of you yet. And let me save the trouble and tell you all that I am Benji's wife and he asked North to look after me. Luke doesn't like me and him and North started fighting. Can I please leave, I don't want to cause any more trouble than I'm worth."

This bird is broken. A beautiful broken masterpiece.

"I'm sorry Sang for your loss but I don't believe North or my brothers would want you leaving. I'm sure Luke is grieving just as you are. Please let us help you. You shouldn't be alone right now."

Her eyes look hopeful and haunted. I'm sure she has her own story to tell like we all do in our family.

"Sang, Axel is right. We would love for you to stay with us for the time being. I am sure Gabe will be thrilled to be able to set up one of the guest rooms for you. I am Victor by the way. It is a pleasure to have you here with us."

"Would you guys mind if I decorate my room? Gabe, can help but I have collage painting I do and it's mostly of Benji and his family or Benji and me. I actually have painted some of you guys before for Benji." Her green eyes bore into mine pure innocence written all over them.

"Of course that's fine! Gabe, would love to help." She smiled shyly before looking around when Luke stormed in.

"I ask you one question. If I don't like the answer then I won't forgive you for anything! Why did Benji go off the radar with North and I?" Luke growled out

"He only stopped coming on Thursdays. He told me he was with you guys every friday night and monday morning. He stopped coming Thursday's because I was really sick for awhile after an incident." Her eyes held confusion and betrayal as she looked at Luke.

"He never came, Sang. We were lucky if we got a text." Luke looked at North worry on their faces.

"Where was my husband then?"

We made eye contact speaking silently. I know Owen and Sean took note of that due to our new mission. Could this solve the mystery?