02 | OLD FRIENDS

L A K E__________________

L A K E
__________________

It was a beautiful day at the beach. Waves splashing against the white sand, people laughing and playing on the pier; making sand castles. You mustn't forget the surfers and the people who loved to paddle board. It was purely, a happy place.

Zareya just looked so beautiful. Her red and white striped bikini, black circular sunglasses, and black beach hat. Apart from everything that made her beautiful, what stood out the most was her daring smile. It was just so lovely, and mysterious.

"I thought I lost you, I almost came looking," she chuckles, stretching her arms upwards as she lied on the beach towel. I hurried to cuddle up beside her, kissing her potentially.

"I was getting a paddle board. It was kind of a long walk. Plus I had to sign a contract."

She kisses me back, "That's alright. Let's go have some fun, shall we?" Within a blink of my eyes, she races towards the water. The blue and green paddle board in her right hand.

Her run was funny. Funny in a way I just couldn't explain. She was just so clumsy. "Baby!" I chase after her, and she screams as I get closer.

"No! No!"

I lift her up, spinning her in circles as we laugh, "I got you now. No escaping the great Leighton Bright," I give her one more kiss, before loosening my grip and allowing her to place the paddle board under her feet, "Don't fall, okay?"

"I might be clumsy, but that doesn't mean anything Leigh," she gives me a sarcastic glare, before plopping her body down on the board. I hand her the paddle, as she struggles to stand up.

"Maybe I should've got two boards. They're only $15 to rent," I shrug my shoulders.

"Hey! It's okay! We'll take turns," she's anxious to get going and starts to paddle intensively as I fold my arms and laugh. Everything she did was just so cute, "God, this is harder than it looks. I can't keep my balance!"

"Well, that's because it's you. I can keep my balance because I'm not a clumsy person," I grin, and she playfully slaps my shoulder. Which leads to her slipping off the board. Just as that happened, a huge wave slammed into us, causing us both to go underwater for a couple seconds.

"Fuck," I laugh, trying to catch my breath while grabbing ahold of her, "You okay Zar?"

"I mean, I'm soaking wet and freezing. But it's okay because I'm here with you," watching her face lighten was all I needed in my life. I hold her tightly, never wanting to let go of the twig.

As usual, the day couldn't have been more perfect as we stayed at the beach until sunset. Watching it from the dock in admiration. Thinking, nothing could ruin this moment.

Except for the thought of it being just a dream. But it wasn't just a dream, it was more than that.