03 | A STEP FORWARD

CHECK OUT MY VIDEO EDITS ON

INSTAGRAM, FOR SOME REASON I

KEEP LOSING FOLLOWERS ON

THERE. @ETHGALLAGHER

--

A/N: how are you liking it so far? Please leave a comment. This idea was purely original, and it just came to me out of nowhere.
--

​  Z A R E Y A__________________

  Z A R E Y A
__________________

"I think its time we talk about this," his voice is bold and somewhat sad, "We have not yet addressed the issue. This isn't real, none of this is real. It's all just a dream. Now, where can I find you?" I raise my eyebrow in confusion, but simply wanted to nod my head over and over again, in agreement.

"This is real, Lake. What do you mean?" but I knew exactly what he meant. But in my dreams, it would never let me bring it up. It's as if, duck tape was covering my mouth. How could he bring it up?

"You know exactly what I mean, Zareya," he held my forearms, and kissed my temple, "I'm in New York, Normandie Court, number 3—"

I wake up. Why did I have to wake up? "I'm going to be late for school Zareya! Wake up!" it was Jett, basically jumping on me. And I let out a furious groan.

"I almost found out where he lives," I whisper to myself. Jumping out of bed and grabbing my journal, "This could be the key to the rest of my life. The key I've been looking for my entire life."

Normandie Court, number 30 something? NEW YORK CITY.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm just missing the last of the number," I was still muttering to myself, knowing it all sounded crazy to his ears. If I weren't myself, I'd think it was crazy too, "Come on, I'll take you to school."

When I got home, I knew it was risky. But I had to go to New York. He wouldn't tell me that for no reason, would he? I just didn't know how I'd get there with the little money I had.

I did some research, before taking another nap to try to figure out more. But I just couldn't seem to fall asleep, I just wanted to leave; I could imagine him in his fancy apartment in New York City. But if he wasn't real, and I spent the money to go find him. What's the point?

I get on my laptop and search up Normandie Court, surprised by how nice it was. He must be wealthy. "Zareya?" My mom opens my door, and raises her eyebrow, "What are you doing?"

"Mom, I'm going to New York for a little while. Could you lend me some money?" I ask, hoping she'd say he's. But she shook her head and sat on my bed.