CHAPTER TWO : CEO'S SECRETARY

A few days have passed since I last met Nick. Today I was in my office, finishing my last task before the clock strike 5.30 in the evening.

Yes, I am a working mother. I am 20 years old, I have a daughter, and I am a working single mother.

I took a quick peek one last time at my wristwatch. It showed 5.20, another 10 minutes before I can check out of this office.

"Stephanie, have you finish key in the minutes from this morning meeting?" Samantha asked me showing her heartshape face into my cubicle. I looked up.

"Oh, yes Sam. Here it is." I replied, taking a folder out from the small rack at the corner of my desk.

" Thanks, Steph. You are a good assistant, you know." she said. I just smile, fidgeting with my fingers. Ever since this morning, I was a little bit nervous. Tomorrow I will not be working on this floor anymore.

The new boss will be coming into town, and will probably stays for a couple of months. I guessed this maybe a good turning point in my life. But who am I to avoid this anxiety when you are actually to become a secretary to a CEO?

"Oh, don't make that face. He is actually a good person, Steph." Samantha's voice burst the little bubble of daydreaming I made a while ago.

"By the way, I have personalized your table upstairs. Don't forget to make me proud. You owe me." she said giggling and walked away. I rolled my eyes. Now she is the teasing Sam I knew.

By the time Samantha left my table, the clock already stroke 5.35 pm. I quickly grabbed my handbag, and shut off the computer before turning off the lamp and head downstairs.

I was searching for my phone in my handbag when I suddenly came against a wall. A hard but warm wall. Wait, what?

"I am sorry," I said quickly and moved out of the way, continued walking to the lift. I didn't have a look at the person, because he too quickly moved out of my way. I can only see his back, his muscular back in a tailor made grey suit and his dirty blonde hair that I was very sure it was style in a sleek quiff.

'Yeah, I am sure I dont need your sorry.' I mutterred to myself as I walked into the empty lift.

*

"Mommy!" my little Angel called as I walked into my house that evening. I quickly went inside to be greeted with a familiar blonde. My sister. My smile grew wide.

"Hey Selena, how's you doing?" I asked her grinning face.

"I am fine little sister. I just drop by to see this sweetheart." she said but I can see a bunch of shopping bags beside her.

" Selena, dont tell me....." I looked down to the bags.

" Yes, it is. I heard you got promoted, and here are some clothes for you." she said. Oh, did I forget to mention? Yes, she is Samantha's bestfriend forever, whatever. I huffed roughly.

"Sel, you are too much, this is too much. its just for a couple of months, and my clothes are not that bad." I replied. She immediately making a disgusted face.

"Yeah, right. Those preppy clothes that you repeatedly wore for this past months. May I ask you when was the last time you go shopping?" I am about to say last week, when she added.

"For yourself." my mouth opened a little but shut again at her statement. I sighed.

" Beside, I can't help myself to shop for this little angel too!" as if in cue, my daughter came onto my lap showing her new barbie collection. I rolled my eyes, but smiling eventually.

"Ommy, look!" Emily said holding the doll in front of my eyes.

"Thanks Selena. You did so much to me," I said. Ever since my parents threw me out of my own family, she was the one that kept checking up on me. Filling me with all the necessities after Nick. They both are so amazing friend and the only family I have.

"Hey, sister. Its what family does." she replied. Hugging my side.

"So, have you guys eat? I thought of making alfredo tonight." I said after a while, looking onto my lap where Emily had aready grinning.

"Oh, I can wait..." Selena said smirking.

"Hey, I can cook okay."

"Yeah, lets see..." she said standing up and walked to the kitchen. I followed her carrying little Emily on my hand and put her on her high chair.

While Selena taking out the ingredient from the fridge, I prepared the water for the pasta and put it on the stove.

Suddenly the doorbell rang before Nick slipped in through the door. He was not all alone I see. He was bringing a friend or I think a friend.

"Hey Nick," Tessa greeted him coming out from the hallway from that lead to her room. She stopped abruptly seeing someone was behind Nick.

"Hi Tessa, hey girls. This is my cousin, Kevin." he said greeting us all.

"Kevin, this is Tessa, the one case that you handled," he continued, Kevin hold out his hand from his leather jacket pocket for her to shake, while Nick walked straight to us in the open kitchen.

"There are Stephanie, her sister Selena, and this little angel, Emily." we shook our hands with Kevin as he approaching us. Tessa followed them from behind before sat on one of the chair at the kitchen island.

"Papa, look!" Emily said, proudly show off her doll to Nick.

"Hey, munchkin, I see you got a doll today." he replied to the little one tickling her belly lightly. She giggled even more.

"So when is the flight." I asked after a little chitchatting, checking the weather of course. I heard him sigh.

" It is tomorrow. But the good news is, Kevin will be here for a couple of months, so he will be taking care of you girls." He said, casually nudging his cousin side.

I looked at Kevin who I saw kept looking at our blushing Tessa every chance he got. A smile crept on my face and I felt someone poking behind me. It was Selena. I looked to my side to see she was smirking to them, Kevin and Tessa, of course.

" Oh, we gonna have so much fun. isn't it Kevin?" I said, asking Kevin eventually. He immediately looked up.

"Huh? Yes, sure." he answered quickly. But his answer make us laughed out hard. Why? because he actually was blushed, red.

🌼 vote and comment 🌼