CHAPTER FIVE : CHINESE TAKE OUT

I walked out of the room with a huge huff. A winning one, if I may add. I quickly walked to my desk and sat down calming myself. Huh, how dare he, leaving me behind for all those years and now comeback suddenly claiming I am his love, as if I was some kind of throne.

Get lost was all I said before I kicked him where his sun does shine. Well, I hoped it doesn't shine anymore. Huh!

I managed to prevent myself from peeking into the room in front of me for almost the whole day because if I knew him enough, a whole day never enough to settle down his gut. Then, served him right! I smirked to myself.

But then, my own serenity wasn't long when he eventually came out of the room and walked to my desk. I ignored him and continued with my work. He stopped right in front of my desk that seperating us with the computer monitor and looked down to me.

"Call his secretary, arrange a meeting by this weekend," he said after a moment of staring silently onto me. A slip of memo pad was stuck onto my computer's monitor. It was hard for me to not look up to him, but I did it anyways.

I heard him walked away probably to the elevator since the lunch hour almost ended before he dissappeared into the lift.

I released a heavy breath that I never knew I hold all this while, and took out the memo and made a call to the company's secretary.

A ding sound echoed again inside the empty floor, and one of the security guard steps out holding a white paper bag. I frowned. A billionaire eating a take out?

"Miss George?," the man said, I looked at the name tag but it was hiding between the shirt and the coat. I nodded slowly.

"Yes, I am."

"Boss sent you this." he continued handing the paper bag to me while I accepted the bag hesitantly. He quickly step back into the elevator door when his task was done.

'Way to win my heart, huh?' I muttered to myself while checking the content. It was my favourite chinese takeout.

So, he was still a caring person I ever knew. But then why was this heavy feeling about him never leave my heart. I guessed I still have some sort of discontented feeling of what he did in our past. The truth was, having all of those broken heart moments multiple time were not as easy to heal. Even time won't heal.

"ehmm, I am gonna have a happy tummy today."

I whispered, smiling down eventually to the package as a matter of his kindness and continued with my work while reminding myself to eat it later before that prick came back from his lunch.

"Having a good lunch?"

I almost choked myself with the authentic chicken kung pow when that irritating voice echoed in the pantry. I gave him a good glare before wiped my messy mouth with the napkin.

He continued studying me like I was some sort of rare specimen he need to evaluate while I obviously continued to ignore his smirking face. Fuck that smirk!

"I will be in my room," he released a frustrated sighed and left. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, you better go away." I whispered and continued devouring the delicious chinese cousine. I smiled to myself.

"I loved that smile," I heard his voice again with a distant chuckle before silence surrounding the pantry.

He was still standing there just now?

🌼 vote and comment 🌼