CHAPTER FOUR : I MISS YOU

DEREK POV

I walked out of my silver BMW i8, my new car I got when I first arrived here yesterday, and gave the keys to the security in front of my company's new branch.

After talking to Kevin through the phone last night, I was too eager to come for work today. I never felt this way for almost 3 years. To be exact, two years and 5 months. Why?

Because here my hidden gem has been hiding. My long lost love.

I walked up to the private lift after being greeted by a few early worker at the lobby, and some of them from the cafe’. I just gave them a proper smile and walked ahead.

Yeah, you think right. I am not a ruthless billionaire CEO, I am more to take it lightly person. Just the name CEO that actually make me feel great, but I am actually not. So, just let it be like that. People respect me more that way, well that was what I thought all this time.

Upon reaching my floor, I stepped out of the elevator and lookedbaround the empty hallway, straight to my office.

A transparent office? What the fuck? How am I going to have a make out session with my gem in there? Oh, wait, what am I thinking?

I made a mental note to ask someone to change that wall later whatever the reasons it was. I dont need anyone to see everything that I will do in there later

I walked down the hallway straight to my office, noticing an office table in front of my glass office. This was probably my secretary desk. I sighed slowly. I hope my secretary was not a cliche whore that take every chances they get to seduce me before taking over my life. Yes, I read those kind of novel.

I peeked a little to my DW wristwatch to see that it was a little bit before nine. Around 15 minutes before nine. So, my secretary was not late, but I am too early, blamed that to my dream last night, please.

I walked into my office and sat down immediately  and checked my schedule so then I will update it to the secretary later. Then I heard the elevator bell sound throughout the private floor, it was a signed that there was someone here on my floor.

I quickly pressed a button on the phone at the side of my desk and turned my chair around, my back facing the door.

“Miss Secretary, come to my office now.” I said monotone to the phone. The fact was that I am just playing around.

Silence.

“Right now,” I said again before I heard a short reply from the other side.

“Okay, sir,” she said but her voice sounded nervous. I chuckled slowly. So, my secretary was a lady.

Hearing a sound of heels clicking, I quickly turned my spinning chair around, but to my surprise, there in front of me stood my gem that I was waiting for. I dont know what I should do, but I kept my blank face plastered.

“Fuck,” I heard her say. Oh, its so Stephanie. I resisted myself to chuckle at those word.

“No, I am not,” I replied quickly, her eyes never leaving mine as her face was a complete pale as in seeing a ghost.

I purposely let her stared at me for a while before shaking her little bubble that roamed somewhere in this room. I prefer it was me, actually.

“Like what you see, miss……” I said, pretending to ask her name. She kept blinking, and I took those chance to stand up and walked closer to her.

“Stephanie.” she answered quickly. I smiled.

“Stephanie Grace George.” Yes, I knew her name, her family name too, may I add.

“Okay then, Miss George.” I replied, holding out my hand. She stared right into my eyes, where shocked still lingered into those beautiful eyes.

And me too, holding a staring competition, checking out her whole beautiful body. Just the way how I remembered. Except those chest looked slightly solid than before. Those chest, those…….

I licked my lips slightly, hopefully she didnt notice and looked down to my hand, she followed my eyes before shaking my hand, her soft hand.

“Welcome to Cardiff, sir.” she said. I smiled. Seriously a smile crept onto my face.

“I have been here before, Stephanie.” I replied walked slowly towards her. She looked at me confused, her steps fall slowly backward while she cleared her throat in between.

A few steps more before we stopped, her back resting on the transparent walls. I cursed myself for the wall, again. Fuck!

“Nice to meet you again, love.” I whispered to her ear while going down closer smelling my favourite perfume on hers. My nose purposely brushing her jaw in the process. She froze.

‘I miss you.’

🌼 vote and comment 🌼