Hayes meeting your boyfriend part 2

Two weeks later

Hayes sprawled himself across the couch his arms above his head simply staring at the ceiling . A soft heated breath was forced out of him as he looked at the fireplace his lips pressed together. He couldn't help but let his mind wander even farther than he ever should have gone. His head started to spin as an imagine of Tilly floated around in his mind. Her long light blonde hair in a small wave around her smile. Her head thrown back laughing as her face reddened by the second. Hayes sat up slowly and tucked his head into his hands letting out a loud groan.

"What's up with you now kid" Nash laughed as he swung open the door and threw himself on the couch next to his brother.

"Nothing Nash...fuck" Hayes voice had started in defense but quickly he let down the guard and his voice fell. He looked at his brother and shrugged slightly... "I don't know what's fucking wrong with me I keep acting out"

Nash chuckles small mid

"You know hayes... Friendships change it's not a bad thing" Nash's gaze became fixated on the fireplace as his hopes bubbles inside him. Hopes that Hayes would open his eyes eyes and see what's really going on.

"What the hell nash? She's my best friend! That hasn't changed and that never will" His voice raised slightly as his shoulders shrunk down in a defiant defeat.

"your friendship hasn't changed but it's clear your feelings have" Nash let a grin slowly creep up on his face .

"What are you talking about...." Hayes chest started to pound and his head sway slightly as he looked at Nash and quickly back at the photos on the walls.

"Hayes you like Tilly pretty much everyone can see it but you and her"

"I know I have a thing for Tilly Nash! But can't you see she has Mason. She's happy with mason"

"No she's not..." Nash's voice sounded worried as he stood up

"What" Hayes mind raced faster. So fast that he couldn't even stay focused on Nash standing up and grabbing his things.

"She's not happy" Nash's large hand came down on Hayes arm with a loud echoing slap " Didn't you hear me idiot she's not happy"

"Wait how do you know that?" hayes quickly shoot up out of his seat grabbing Nash pure panic in his eyes. Did mason hurt her? Did she tell Nash she was upset? Is she okay? Is this my chance? Oh my god Hayes just stop that was stupid. She's your friend help her. But what's wrong.
Panicked, hayes looked up at his brother for help. For understanding...

"If she was happy she wouldn't be walking up to the door crying Hayes- go help I'll go out the back door..." He nodded towards the door, and walked away shaking his head sadden after seeing Tilly that broken.

Hayes ran towards the door throwing it open carefully. And as he stood there for a second looking at the girl he so easily threw his heart into crying on his doorstep , he too could feel the heart break within Tilly. He opened his arms and pulled her close to his chest, holding as if his life depended on her . Despite the puddles of tears forming the wrinkles of Hayes shirt he was sure he was the best with her . Hayes leaned down wrapping his arm under Tilly's upper thighs and the other supporting her back. As he carried her into the house to his room a small drop escaped his eyes, for he was caught in his thoughts.
This is my fault.She would've been happy if I hadn't budded in... why couldn't I have just kept my mouth shut
Hayes set Tilly on the edge of his bed carefully brushing her hair out of her face " I'm here for you okay...you don't have to tell me anything but I still want to help"

There were a few more hiccups and sniffles from Tilly because the soft muffled words slipped her lips " thank you hayes"
Ands that's all it took for Hayes' mind to melt into her hands. The slightest sound of hope behind the tears in her voice when she said his name was enough to keep him going for years . Hayes Grier was far too deeply, madly, crazy in love with Tilly and he couldn't hide it.
The two exchanged a small look of sympathy as Hayes found his hands at the hems of his hoodie pulling it right up and off his body .
Tilly looked at Hayes sniffling and nodding the slightest bit as she let Hayes slip the hoodie over her head . Hayes' hands supported Tilly by her waist as she got up taking her jeans off and putting a pair of Hayes' sweat pants on. He helped her put her hair up carefully before he picked her up laying her in his bed against his body. Hayes wrapped his arms around Tilly like she was a fragile priceless art piece in a museum's protection. Hayes cared more about this girl than he's ever cared about any other girl he's ever been with.
HAYES POV
Tilly was more than a one night stand or a few dates. Tilly wasn't just a publicity stunt nor a filler in the space. She was the one I've always had feelings for . Tilly was the girl I saw the future with when I looked in her eyes . She was the only girl who's gotten me to hold onto who I really am. For the longest time Tilly was the biggest reason I'd go visit North Carolina and when she moved here it was like I could always have my missing piece with me. And when I saw her with mason, really saw them both. And I could see how he was trying to make her a little more city and a lot less country I could physically feel my world come crashing down around me. The only ounce of home I had in this city was her and he was stripping her of North Carolina. When I had lost myself in Los Angeles Tilly was the one who brought me back home and reminded me of who I truly was deep inside so losing her to this city broke me down. I could never let her be with mason because as much as I used to deny I'm in love with my best friend.
I cupped her check gently as I wiped my thumb under her eyes kissing her head.

I belong with Tilly and it's as simple as that.
I am determined to make this work and make her see this too...
Aw shit. I don't even know if her and mason are together ... well I guess I'll wait a bit longer?