five

just sleep

y/n:

after a long walk, we finally got to the van. frank pulled out a key and let us both in, leading me to the kitchen.
"would you like a drink, y/n?" he asked as he opened a coke.
"just a water, please. i'm on a diet." i said the last part quite quietly.
"okay. the sofa's just through there if you wanted to go sit down." he pointed to a door and turned to grab a bottle of water. i turned to go through the door and heard frank say something to himself.
"what was that?"
"n-nothing. go relax, y/n, you deserve it." he smiled weakly and i left the room.

frank:

"you don't even need to diet anyway." i muttered.
"what was that?"
"n-nothing. go relax, y/n, you deserve it."
i grabbed a waterbottle from the fridge and a tray of brownies that i baked yesterday.
"here you go, y/n. would you like a brownie?" i smiled and held out the tray as i sat down next to her.
"thank you, frankie. i mean, frank-"
"no! i mean, frankie is fine." i felt myself blush slightly.
"these are so good! did you make these?" she took a sip of her water and grinned.
"yeah, i just got a little bored i guess." i shrugged. that was a lie. baking was definitely one of my favourite things.
"you're like mary berry."
"who even is that?"
her jaw dropped.
"mary is my queen."

after we finished the brownies, i grabbed a blanket for y/n and pulled out the bed.
"who's bed is that, frankie?"
"it's actually mine, but i can find somewhere else if you wanted me to."
"no, no, i feel guilty enough staying with you guys anyway." she said.
"if you're sure."

y/n:

frank left and went to what i presumed was the bathroom. while he was gone, i reached under my sweater and unhooked my bra, shoving it into my bag quickly. i lay down and pulled the blanket over me, partially closing my eyes.
as frank walked in, though, they opened wide again, and i felt my face flush. his shirt was gone, and he was wearing black pyjama pants which hung low around his waist.  he climbed into the bunk and put his phone on the side.
"are you warm enough, y/n?" he asked.
"uh, i'll probably warm up in a little while. no worries." i snuggled deeper into my fluffy twenty one pilots blanket.
"you could always have my blanket if you like. it's quite thick." he offered, "or, like, we could double up and share the sofa."
"seriously?"
"well, i mean, if you're okay with it, i wouldn't mind, i guess." he seemed really embarrassed.
"uh, okay." i said softly.
"i'll come down to you. i don't wanna put any more strain on your back." he said, and he slowly got down from his bunk.
"lucky this is a double, huh?" i giggled quietly.
"sure is." he replied.
frank laid his blanket over the top of mine and lay down, shuffling closer to me.
"this okay?"
"fine."
"you know, y/n, i don't actually have a nickname for you. since we're best friends now, i should probably choose one."
"since when are we best friends, frankie?" i laughed.
"i decided. now, what should it be?" he asked.
"it should be shut up and go to sleep, frankie, i'm exhausted."
"whatever you say, y/n." he laughed softly.
"goodnight, frankie." i whispered, and shuffled a little closer to him.
"goodnight, y/n."