nineteen-christmas day

frank's pov:

"y/n! wake up, baby! it's christmas!" i crawled on top of y/n and my 'do they know it's christmas' alarm went off, reading 5:30.
"santa!" her eyes opened and she rolled over, so that she was on top of me, and she gave me the biggest hug i'd ever had. we put our slippers on and ran downstairs, bursting into the living room.
"you first!" she grinned, and i picked up a large box which weighed more than i expected. i opened the card first:

'to my darling frank,
                          i'm delighted to be spending             christmas with you, and i hope it's the best one we ever have. i love you more than anything (even those really good brownies that you make) in the world, and i can't wait to see if you like your gift. enjoy, my saviour.
-y/n xxxx'

i laughed and wiped a small tear from my eye, leaning over to kiss her. i opened this gift and freaked out.
"you're kidding! i love this! y/n, how did you afford this?! and with my name engraved...i love it. thank you so much, baby!" i traced the engraving with my finger and shook my head in disbelief.
"okay. your turn." i grinned, and handed her a gift from me.

y/n's pov:

i took the gift from frank excitedly, and tore off the wrapping paper.
"no. you're kidding! how the hell did you get this?!" i squealed. a brand new copy of 'regional at best' by twenty one pilots sat in my hands. i looked up and him and smiled wide.
"i have friends. open it, baby." i did as he said and my heart stopped for a second. two backstage concert passes and a note were placed strategically in the case, just above where the cd lay.

'give us a call sometime. we'd like to meet you. if frank says you're cool then it must be true!- tyler and josh'

"i don't deserve you." i blubbered as i climbed into frank's lap, placing kisses all over his face.

-----------------

"the last one's yours." frank handed me a medium-sized gift bag, with wrapped gifts. they turned out to be bath things-rose petals and the like.
"oh, hey, i think this one fell out." frank produced a small wrapped box. i excitedly opened it and it was a cardboard box. inside was a picture of two spongebob characters, with the caption:
'i didn't know what to get you so i got you this box.'
"very funny, mr iero." i looked up at him, and gasped.

he was on one knee.

frank's pov:

now.

now is the time.

"y/f/n. you mean everything and more to me. sometimes i can't believe that i met you, because you're so unreal. beautifully, ridiculously, amazingly unreal. i want to spend my entire life with you. forever and always. i'll understand if you say no, but i think that you should also understand that my love for you will never run dry. i love you, y/f/n. will you let me call you mrs. iero?"
"frank."
"yes?"
"how could you ever think i would say no?"
i grinned and pulled y/n up into a hug, squeezing her close to me.
"do you want to see the ring?" i asked as i opened the box. her gasp and the joy in her eyes was worth me keeping the secret for a month.
"sleeping beauty turquoise?! how could you ever afford this? frank, i don't know what to say, i-"
"say you love it."
"i love you."
"that works too."

----------------------

narrator:

they spent the rest of their day curled up on the sofa, planning their wedding, planning their lives. never had either of them felt so much joy, so much worth. they contacted their families, friends, fans, everybody got to know the news. and not once since she said yes did he let go of her hand. he loved her. she loved him. and they knew they'd get by, no matter what.

because love is everything.

their love was everything.

it was everywhere.

it was in the brand new canvas on the wall.
it was in the cake they baked together.
it was in the blankets they bought.
it was in the dishes they washed together.
it was in the christmas tree they put up together.
it was even in their 'welcome' doormat.
but it was always, always in the air.

a/n: this was probably my favourite chapter to write. it was so sweet! i also can't wait for christmas. this gave me real christmassy vibessss 💍⛄❄🎅🎄🎁