2- Can I trust you?

Ryan frowned when I didn't answer his question, I just didn't know where to start. He held my wrist lightly and guided me into the trees and onto two chairs. I winced as he held my wrist, some scars were not completely healed and Ryan seemed to notice this. We sat down as he gently tugged one of my sleeves up, tears filled my eyes seeing his shocked and upset face. "I-I'm sorry.. I know I'm weird and and everything.. I'll just go!" I cried, attempting to walk off but he pulled me back.
"Sit down, please sit Mia.." He asked me, I nodded agreeing to it.

"Okay I know you may not trust me right now but I want you to.. I've never told anyone my background but you, I think you're different and I need to tell someone." Ryan explain, already panicking.
"Ryan you don't need to tell me if you don't want, it's okay." I reassured him.
"No, no I want to." Ryan smiled at me and so I nodded.
"So it all started when I was little, I had my little sister Chloe and I lived with my mum. But one day everything went wrong, we were shopping and I'd gone to get some food for me and Chloe since my mum said she couldn't be bothered. I had left and my mum left Chloe on her own, sat on a window ledge. All I know is next I was accused of pushing her.. look I don't know who did it but it wasn't me, however my mum tried to manipulate me into believing it was all my fault. Everything went downhill from there.. the police got involved and they said my mum was unstable to live with, I'd turned pretty rude at that point and basically hurt anybody that ever cared for me. When I came to Ashdene Ridge everyone hated me, they probably still do, because I've made stupid mistakes in the past and they hold it against me. Mike's helped me so much to change and I have.. I hope you believe me because I really trust you Mia!" Ryan was now crying by this point, I was told he never showed any emotion.

"Hey, hey shhh it's okay. I'm here for you.. you can trust me too okay? I don't hate you and I'm sure the others don't either. I'm here for you Ryan.." I whispered, unexpectedly he wrapped his arms around my neck and embraced me in a tight hug. At first I didn't hug back, scared, but then I got to learn that I could actually trust someone and so I hugged him back.
"Since you've trusted me with everything, do you want to know about me?" I asked him, shaking a little.
"Only if you want to, Mia." He told me, and placed me next to him.

"Okay so as you know I've only been in one care home before and that's been because of my mum and dad. I was an only child, they were constantly telling me that I was a mistake and they didn't want me so that's why I got hurt. I had my grandad that I loved with all my heart but unfortunately he died of a heart attack earlier this year so he couldn't look after me." I was already sobbing at this point, Ryan rubbed his thumb over my hand.
"They would hit me and starve me for days, blame everything on me and lock me in my room.. just like in my last care home. I wouldn't eat for days and I started self harming because I felt that low. I've been bullied for the scars on my wrists.. the bruises on my face, which is why I wear makeup so much, and because I was different. I-I wanted to fit in so badly but no one every wanted me, I've been so alone until now Ryan.. I needed someone and and I think I trust you Ryan." I cried into his shoulder, his arm stretching around mine.

"Let's promise we'll be here for each other okay, oh and your makeups rubbing away. I bet you'll look beau- I mean um really nice without it too, don't worry no one will bully you because of some bruises okay?" Ryan smiled at me, his eyes red. I noticed what he was about to say and couldn't help but smile to myself.
"Wow that's the first time I've seen you smile, didn't know you had cute dimples." Ryan cheekily pointed out.
"Thank you for everything Ryan.. I'm going to go and get changed and take a shower, do you think I'm allowed?"
He chuckled, "Of course you're allowed Mia."

I quickly showered in the bathroom upstairs, a warm shower for once. I sighed, enjoying it all. I washed my long hair and shaved my legs, dried off and put on my fluffy onesie as it was nearing to the night. I didn't bother with putting any makeup back on, what's the worst that could be said? I walked out, Ryan's door was open and he saw me in a onesie. He giggled and walked up to me, "You look so fluffy!!" He said told me.
I mentally face palmed, "You're really excited about some fluff?" I questioned the cute looking boy, laughing at his face.
"Oh and by the way, you still look just as pretty without makeup on!" He grinned at me.
"R-really, you think so?" I timidly asked, I've never been complimented like that before.
"Of course!" Ryan smiled.

"Hey a couple of the older kids are downstairs watching a movie with snacks and playing truth or dare later, I know it's been a long day but it's a chance to get to know everyone better?" Ryan implied, wanting me to go.
"Of course I'll go, could be fun." I replied.
"Oh and you don't have to eat any of the snacks if you don't want, I mean it would be nice if you tried to get a bit better but ya know?" Ryan mumbled, just looking out for me.
I smiled, "Of course i'll try!" I tugged Ryan's arm and ran downstairs to the living room where Bailey, Jody and Tyler sat all in beanbags and the sofa's. I smiled at them all and they returned it, it was obvious they took a second look at the bruises on my face but I was expecting that.
There was one sofa free, a two seater one. Ryan sat down and I went to sit on the floor but he pulled me next to him, "I'm not letting you sit on the floor, silly." He teased me, a bag of popcorn sat on the floor beneath us. Ryan was already munching on a couple of pieces, his cheeks looking chubby. It just made me laugh at his face, he shrugged and shoved me so I laughed even harder.
Bailey put the movie on, turned the lights off and a horror movie came on. The loud music already beginning.
"You okay with this?" Ryan asked me, whispering so the others wouldn't hear.
"Not my favourite and I might get scared very easily?" I giggled nervously.
"Don't worry, I'm here if you need me!" Ryan whispered back from next to me, pulling a blanket over our legs.