7- School

So today was my first day starting the near-by school, they decided to give me a week or so to prepare. Saying I'm nervous is an understatement to say the least. It's a high school that Jodie, Tyler and Ryan go to but that won't stop me from getting anxious.
"Come on, get dressed Mia!" May-li shouts from outside my room, clearly frustrated with me not wanting to get out of bed.
I just rolled my eyes, swung my legs over my bed and put on my red and black uniform but not before pinning my skirt up a little.

I waltzed out of my room, Ryan smirked "You're so gonna get in trouble for that skirt."
"Glad to see you pay attention to me." I smirked back, shutting him up.
"Come on, we're going to be late." He told me, pushing me down the corridor and down the stairs. Grabbing my bag and lunch, we all get into the car and make our way to the hell hole, just realising I hadn't had any breakfast- oh well, it's not like I'd eat much of it anyway.

First period, maths, I'm with Tyler for that one and I suck at maths. We make our way in as soon as the bell goes, "You know you should be here a minute before the bell Tyler. You must be Mia, not a great first impression. Sit down, you're next to Luc." Okay so how am I meant to know who 'Luc' is?! Mad bitch.
I nudge Tyler, "Who the flip is Luc??" I ask. He just sighs and points over to a tall blonde boy sat down, turned around to the desk behind and talking to some popular girls.
I sit down and get out the book she gave me, along with my pencil case. Luc turns around and snorts at me, "We got a nerd here. A fit one might I add." He laughs obnoxiously.

Feeling quite uncomfortable at his rude remark, I turn around and open my book- focusing on what the lesson was. Just then, the teacher leaves us to go have a meeting with another student- great school this is. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my thigh. Disgusted, I grab his hand and throw it to his lap. Why doesn't he get the message, I don't like him! I was about to turn around and tell him I had a boyfriend (of course I hadn't but anything to get me out of this situation would work). But I then felt his hand lift up my skirt even higher, tears filled my eyes and I turned around to slap him in the face. The sound echoed, everyone going silent. A few "ooohs" could be heard from the back of the room, He stood up- face red with anger. I quickly regretted everything else. He grabbed a hand into my hair, pulling at it, whispering in my ear "You're gonna regret doing that baby."

He grabs my wrist but his face turns to humorous, finding it funny, he shouts out "Wow Mia's anorexic as well as a nerd! Have you seen this skanks wrists? They're like twigs!" He told up my hands, the whole class erupts into laughter. Tyler comes up behind him, "I'd advise you to stop before her boyfriend comes after you." He gives me a look, as if to not let it spill that Ryan isn't my boyfriend.
"And who might this boyfriend be?" He asks Tyler,
"Ryan. Ryan Reeves." Tyler replies, smugly.
Luc's face turns into a smirk, "I'll go find him at lunch then. And if I find out he's not your boyfriend, you're gonna be in a hell of a lot of trouble anorexic bitch." I just nod, tears threatening to fall. How am I going to explain this to Ryan before him coming?

As soon as the bell goes, me and Tyler run to the lunch hall. Finding Ryan sat down with Jodie and their lunch trays, tears just pour down my face. He sat me down, "Mia?! What's happened? Tyler please tell me this wasn't Luc!"
"Yep.. he made fun of her anorexia and then grabbed her hair. Oh he's also going to come and talk to you about-" Tyler got cut off by Luc walking up to us with two boys.
"Ryan." Luc smirks.
"I've been told this little bitch here is your girlfriend, is that true?" Luc asks, intruding.
I go to tell Ryan to just play along but Luc puts his finger to my lips, "No words pretty girl."
I felt violated, looking at Ryan, he stood up and said "Yeah, yeah I'm her boyfriend. And what?" He confidently smirked.

"Prove it, twat." Luc said, if we didn't find a way to prove it then Luc would never leave me alone. I was getting ready to give up. But then out of nowhere, Ryan turns to me and smashes his lips into mine- holding my waist. I don't know what came over me but I kissed him back, on my tip toes, putting my hands behind his neck. By the time I pulled away, they had gone and the whole school started clapping. I felt so embarrassed, I sat down without saying anything. Tyler and Jodie smirked at us, "What? I had to prove we were 'dating'.." I said to them, Ryan looked a little sad when I said this but I didn't mean it in any harsh way.

He took the pins out of my skirt and pulled it down gently, hugging me in the process. "No more rolling your skirt." He asked me, I nodded. They were all sat there with their lunches but I felt too sick to eat, "Mia have you eaten anything?" Ryan asked me.
I shook my head, "Not hungry."
He put his hand on my knee- nothing like what Luc did, I felt comfortable around Ryan- he rubbed gently, "Please Mia.." He said.
"Fine.." I grabbed the garlic bread off of his tray, he look annoyed but in a cute way. "Heyyyy I didn't say you could take my food!" He pouted. I just giggled and bit into it, offering him a bite and he accepted it. We both started laughing, "Aww how cute." Tyler said. I rolled my eyes, a little sad that nothing had come out of me and Ryan yet.

"Yo Jodie, can you tell Mike and May-li that me and Mia are going down to the river for a bit. I have my phone on me and we promise to come back in 2 hours." Ryan pleaded.
Jodie nodded, "Have fun kiddos!" She winked at me and whispered something in Ryan's ear, I couldn't hear but Ryan smirked so I assumed it was something dirty knowing Jodie.
Ryan looked quite nervous, his hands fiddling around. We finally got to the river, a small park behind some trees- no one was there, assuming that no one knew it was there as it was quite hidden. "Me and Tyler found this when coming down here last week." He explained, I just nodded.
"Sooooo why are we here?" I giggled, sitting down on the slide.
"Just cause I thought it'd be nice." Ryan laughed, shoving me down the slide until I landed on my arse.

He sat on the swing and patted in between his legs for me to sit on the swing too, I wasn't that heavy so I didn't crush him. He snaked his arms around my waist and swung us lightly, his hands twisting together again. "Okay what's actually up Ryan?" I clearly know something was happening, maybe he was going to tell me it was better just to be friends or he had a girlfriend?

Instead, he reaches into his bag on the floor and gets out a small bag- giving it to me. I'm confused to say the least, "open it." Ryan tells me.
I slowly open the bag, finding a small box inside. My heart races quickens, opening the box with shaking hands I find a silver necklace in there. A silver necklace with a gold heart at the end, "Look closer." Ryan stutters, obviously anxious.
I take a closer look, finding my name engraved into it. Tears fill my eyes, I turn around on the swing- still on his lap. "I don't get it.. no ones ever done something like this for me. I thought I was just useless."
"Listen to me Mia. You aren't useless, you're the most beautiful, talented, cute, smart girl I've ever met- oh and your heights pretty cute too." Ryan looks me in the eye, I can see he's being genuine.

"But why me Ryan?" I ask quietly, knowing he still heard. He looked down to the floor, "I like you Mia.. I just want to make you feel loved, I would love you to be my girlfriend but I get that if you're not ready or if you don't even like m-" he rants on.
I cut him off, throwing my arms around his neck. "Of course I will be you idiot! God, took your time!" I sniffled into his shoulder, a bright smile appeared onto his lips. Picking me up and hugging me tight, I felt secure.

Hand in hand, we wake up to Ashdene Ridge. All of them are stood there when we got in, all of them cheering "It was about time Ryan!" The twins giggled. I felt embarrassed, Ryan just grabbed my hand and lead me upstairs to my room. "Get it Ryan!" I hear Tyler shout and I giggle, Mike scolding him from the distance saying that there are little ones around.
I take the necklace back out of the box, Ryan turns me around and secures it around my neck. The silver shining in the mirror, I have the biggest smile on my face- Ryan smiles back.

"You look beautiful." He reassures me.