Summertime: Chapter 2

Kambrie’s P.O.V-

“So, is this BBQ at your place or?” I asked Karine, laying on my bed. It was late Saturday morning, the day of the BBQ and I still wasn’t quite sure where this BBQ was.

“Actually its going to be at Marisa’s, Niall’s cousin. She has a really nice place along the beach.“ she answers. “I’ll message you the directions in a few too.“ she adds. Oh, yeah. I kind of forgot about Niall’s cousin. I’ve met her too. She has long dark brown hair and brown eyes.

“Okay, sounds good. See you in a few.” I say and then hang up. Within minutes I have the directions to Marisa’s place. “2301 shore rd” it read, I knew where that is. Should be easy to find.

I got out of the shower and I decided to wear a light shade of denim, distressed high waisted shorts and a flowy white top. I kind of wanted to wear a sundress but I had to long board to Marisa’s and I didn’t want my dress to get picked up by the win. I finished the outfit off with a pair of simple black gladiators. Not the ones with like a million straps, too chunky. I wanted to look good. If I look good, I feel good. “12:35pm” my phone said. Better get going!

I walked downstairs to grab my bag, some water and my long board before I left.

“Where are you going looking like that? You like you should be working a street corner. Why don’t you dress more like Stephanie? You could learn some fashion tips from your sister.” my dad complained.

“Well I’m not Stephanie, so.” I said then left.

That’s something I hate- when I’m compared to Stephanie. I’m nothing like her and I don’t get why my parent’s want or expect me to be. Its not like I’m their actual birth child so the chances of me being like her are slim. I don’t want to be either. And I look like I should be working a street corner? Whatever. Maybe he should actually see what those girls wear because compared to them, I’m like a nun. All those thoughts were going through my mind while I was making my way around people on my board. I didn’t get any stops at cross walks until now so I texted Karine to tell her I was on my way.

I got up to Marisa’s house- wow, it was amazing. It was huge. I just had to stop for a minute and admire it. My house was nice but not like this.

“Hey!” I heard a voice say. It was Karine and Marisa was with her. They just walked out from the backyard.

“Oh, hey.” I say back and meet them.

“Hi, Kambrie!” Marisa greeted me with a hug. “Its nice to see you again.” she says.

“Its nice to see you again too.” I say with a smile.

“Are the guys here?” I asked.

“Yeah, they’re in the back! Come on, lets go.” she answers.

Louis’ P.O.V-

“Hey guys! Kambrie is here now.” Marisa announces when she comes back into the backyard with Karine and Kambrie.

“Hi, guys! Nice to see you all again.” Kambrie says. The guys and I go over to personally greet her.

“Hi, Kambrie. Its nice to see you again.” Harry says giving her a hug.

“Its nice to see you again too, Haz!” she says. The other boys say hi and hug her too, I’m last.

“Hi, babe.” I say and hug her as well.

“Hi, Louis.” she says smiling. I smile too… well, I’ve been smiling all along.

“Is there something on my face?” Kambrie asks.