Summertime: Chapter 6

Kambrie's P.O.V-

Louis made my night better. He stayed here until 1am and he just kept me company after the trouble with Stephanie. He's just so friendly I find that we can just go on and on about any topic. Once he left we began texting right away for 2 hours. Some people may find that annoying or kind of clingy but it's just nice to know that he is thinking of me and seems to care. I've never really had anyone care about me except Karine.

I rolled on my side, still laying in my bed I grabbed my cell off my nightstand. I checked for any new messages there was one from Karine and Louis but I noticed I had one message in my drafts. I tapped on the screen to see that I forgot to send my text to Louis saying goodnight!

"Shit." I mumble. I hope he isn't mad... so I call him.

"Hello?" a voice says, it was Dionne.

"Hi, Dionne. It's Kambrie. May I speak with Louis?" I ask.

"Of course!" she chirps.

About 30 seconds pass and I hear Louis' voice, "Kambrie?" he says.

"H- hi Lou." I say. "Uh, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for not replying back last night and saying goodnight and I had it wrote but I fell asleep before I could send it and I woke up to see it in my drafts and ah, I'm sorry! I feel bad." I blabber.

"Whoa, whoa, Kambrie. It's alright! You're being too hard on yourself... especially on something so simple and not too big of a deal like this." he says to me.

"So you're not mad?" I ask.

"No! Not at all love." he replies. Good, I'm relieved. What's that?

"Well, I think I hear my name being called... I gotta go, I'll text you later." I say.

"Okay, bye babe." he says and we hang up.

I walk downstairs, I thought I heard someone calling my name from here. I walk into the kitchen and I see my parents siting at the island. My dad was sitting there with a newspaper, him and mom did not look all that enthused .

"Kambrie," dad says. I look at him so he knows that I'm giving him my attention. He grunts and holds the paper up, pointing at a picture.

"What the hell is this?" he says. I look at the paper, the entertainment section... it was a picture of me and Louis at the mall, kissing. I didn't know what to say to that.

"Is this you Kambrie? With that guy from that dumb boyband?" he asks. I was feeling annoyed. Since when what I do matters to them?

"Uh, I guess so." I say flatly.

"You guess so? You guess so?!" he questions. "Kambrie, it says here; "Lewis Tomlinson of One Direction's new girlfriend, Kambrie." he says.

"Kay, first off , it's LOUIS like with an E, not LEWIS. And second, since when does stuff like this matter to you?!" I exclaim.

"He's a fag!" mom states. What the hell? Like seriously. I grab the paper from dad's hands.

"God. Clearly he isn't a fag!" I say gesturing to the picture. "We kissed! Him and I. Me a girl, not a guy." I state and head storming towards the door.

"Where are you going?" dad asks. Mom was just glaring at me.

"Well I don't want to be around with you inconsiderate people." I say and leave.

I was rattled. First they diss all the boys, who are my fiends by calling them dumb and then call Louis a fag?! Oh, no. They're so... so ah! I walked fast through the streets of Sydney not wanting to encounter anyone but Louis or an actual friend. Marissa's house was a good walk but that's okay, I needed to shake this off.

I reach the front steps of Marissa's house and walk up them, I ring the doorbell, twice quickly.

"Oh, hey, Kambrie." Marissa says flashing a smile. "Come on in." she says.

"Thanks." I say taking a step in. "Is Louis around?" I ask.

"No, I'm sorry. Him and the boys went to the beer store." she replied.

"Oh, okay... do you mind if I stay until he gets back" I ask. I didn't want to impose.

"Not one bit. Come with me, all of us girls including Karine are in here. We're just chilling." she say leading me the way.

We walk down a long hall. As we reach the room, I hear Hannah's voice.

"Marisa, who was that?"

"I have Kambrie here with me." she answers as we take foot in the room.

They all say hi and I take the empty seat beside Karine.

"How are you, Kambrie?" Madison asks me.

"Uh, not all that good actually." I respond.

"What's wrong?" Morgan questions.

"Well, Karine knows this but I don't really have all that good of a relationship with my foster parents or sister, neither they do with me. Last night was crappy. You know how I had to leave early last night because my sister told me my parents needed me home ASAP. I leave, get home and she totally punk'd me. This morning was even worse. A picture of Louis and I kissing was in the paper and my parents saw it. They suspected it was me... well, they knew it was me. They were not impressed - they called the boys and called Louis a fag! I couldnt-" I got cut off.

"Who is a fag?" Louis asks standing in the door frame. Shit. I get to my feet.

"Louis, can we go somewhere and talk?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah. Sure, love." he answers kind of startled.

We walk out on a balcony, overviewing the water.

"Whats up?" he asks leaning his back against the railing, bitting his lip. Damn, he's so hot when he does that. I loose focus.

"Uh, Kambrie?" he says, trying to get my attention.

"Oh, yes. Sorry. So you know about what happened between Stephanie and I last night." I refresh, he nods. "Well, that was crappy but this morning was worse. I don't know if you know this or not but there is already photos of us kissing out there. What happened though was that my parents saw it... they knew it was me. They were quite mad." I say taking a breather for a moment.

"They're just mad? That's it?" he questions.

"Erm, no. They were mad and so was I. I was mad because uh, well they called you and all of the boys dumb. But then they called you a fag..." I finish. I didn't know what else to say after that until he repplied.

"Really?" he asks.

"Yeah, unfortunately." I say. There was a moment of silence

"Uhm, that's rude." was all he could say.

"I know. I actually called them inconsiderate before I left." I agree.

"Just when I thought I couldn't dislike them anymore." I say in a jokingly tone but still very serious.

"Same. I don't like them at all." he says. "I don't get why they have you... they don't deserve you. You deserve a better family." he finishes. Before I could say anything, we were disrupted. It was Liam.

"Sorry to bother you but Lou, your mum is on the phone for you." he says and then walks off.

"Do ya mind?" Lou asks taking a step closer to the door.

"No, go ahead." I say giving him a little smile.

My family... ah, it's complicated.