Summertime: Chapter 4

Kambrie’s P.O.V-

“So we’ll leave at 3?” I ask Marissa.

“Yeah! Since there is quite a few of us, I believe you’re gonna be in a car with Karine, Harry and Louis. Karine’s car is on the smaller side too so like for example it’ll be her and Haz in the front and you and Louis in the back, or whatever.” she explains.

“Uh, okay. Well I’ll see you all later.” I say

“Alright, bye.” Marisa says and then hangs up. I set my phone down but then there’s the sound of text so I pick it up again and unlock it to answer it.

“Hey! So are you coming tonight? : ) x”

it was from Louis.

“Yesir, I am : ) x”

I reply.

“Great : ) can’t wait to see you, later x”

he says back.

“Same! Well, see you then : ) I gotta get ready x”

I say.

“Hey!” I shout.

“Hay is for horses, Kambrie.” Stephanie says like a smartass. She took my phone.

“Give me my phone back.” I say sternly.

“Who the hell is Louis?” she asks. Stephanie only seems to act like this when mom and dad aren’t around.

“None of your business.” I say mocking her because that’s what she said when I asked her who she was with.

“Whatever.” she said throwing my phone back at me.

Today’s plan was that we were all going to the mall to see a movie and have dinner. I think we’re going to see Ted but I’m not sure. I got dressed into this flowy tank with mixed colours of brown, light blue, coral and green. For bottoms I wore shorts that kind of matched the colour of coral on the top. Shoes- I wore brown strappy sandals. I was in my room, just finishing up my hair when I heard the honk of a car from outside. I looked out and it was Karine.

“Hey!” I said to everyone. Marissa was right, it was just Karine, Harry and Louis. The order of seating was right too.

“Hey” Marisa and Harry both said with a smile.

“Where is Morgan?” I asked Harry, kind of surprised not to see her with us.

“Oh, she’s running a bit late. She’ll be joining us in about a half hour.” he answered.

“How are you?” Louis asked me, seeming quite happy.

“Great, thanks. How are you, Lou?” I asked back.

“Good, thanks.” he said whilst laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I asked kind of confused.

“What you said rhymed.” he answered still laughing a bit. I couldn’t help but laugh too.

“So, whats the plan, Karine?” I asked after recuperating from the laughing fit.

“Well since the theatre is at the mall and the movie isn’t for a bit, I thought we what we can do is we shop and chill for a bit at the mall, have dinner there is since there’s a few restaurants there and then go to the movie.” she said keeping her eyes on the road.

“Alright, cool.” I say.

We arrived at the mall before the others so we went ahead on in at the front door and we told them we’d be around there, they arrive shortly after us.

“Come with me, babe.” I hear Harry say pulling Morgan away. She got to the mall before us, surprisingly.

“Niall, wanna come with Hannah and I? We’re going to the pet store.” Liam asks.

“Sure.” Niall replies and him and Madison follow.

“Hun, mind coming with me to a shoe store?” Dionne asked Zayn. They left together hand in hand. I looked around to see Marisa and Karine but they were gone… it was just Louis and I now.

“Well, where do ya wanna go?” I ask looking at him.

“Mm, I don’t know. How about we just wander for a bit?” he says getting up to his feet since we were sitting on a bench this entire time.

“Ooh, I like this store.” I say and walk in, Louis follows. It’s a jewellery store which I could probably never afford but everything in there is so pretty.

“Aw, this is so pretty. I love it.” I say picking up silver bracelet.

“You’re such a girl.” he laughs, smiling.

“Its because I am one, silly.” I say. “Oh, and the price is not… even though it is on sale.” I say putting it down. The look on his face got a bit more serious or down and out, I guess. He picks up the bracelet I just put down and looks at the price.

“Do you like it?” he asks.

“Yeah, I do.” I sigh. He nods and walks away with it.

“Lou, what are you doing?” I asked confused following him.

“Hi, how are you today?” the lady at the cash asked.

“I’m good, thank you. Yourself?” he replied.

“Good, thanks.” she answers. “So your total is $308.78, please.” she adds on.

“Debit, please.” Louis says.

“There you go now. Have a nice day.” she says handing him the bag.

We walk out of the store, Lou smiles at me.

“Mind if we stop at a restroom?” he asks.

“Uh, nope.” I say.

I sit at a bench waiting for Louis to come out, I didn’t need to go. I took out the bracelet looking at it. Its so pretty… and expensive. Why’d Louis buy this for me? Yeah, I know he’s a nice guy but still. I look up and Louis is walking out, I put the bracelet away.

“Admiring it?” he says smirking and taking a seat close beside me.

“I guess so.” I say. “Why’d you buy it for me?” I asked. I was dying to know.

“You wanted it and you seemed to really want it.” he answered. I gave him one of those looks like “Really? That’s why?”.

“Also though, I think you deserve it.” he says. Aw, that’s really sweet of him to say.

“Thank you, Louis.” I say scooting over, hugging him. “You’re so nice.” I say smiling as I pull away then, he kisses me. His lips so soft. It was a sweet kiss.

“You’re welcome.” he says breathlessly. Him and I can kind of just smile and giggle at each other… so are Louis Tomlinson and I a couple?