Chapter 1

Chapter 1~

Kurt arose from his bed and looked around the dark room. He ran his fingers through his damp blonde hair and sighed. He had another nightmare, a nightmare about suicide and his parents fighting. When he was younger his parents got a divorce and he still has nightmares about it.

He laid back down and looked at the ceiling. The only noise he heard was the ticking from the clock. He closed his eyes but couldn't seem to go back to sleep. It was only 3:00 in the morning but Kurt got up anyway. He figured if he couldn't sleep then there wasn't any need to just lay there.

He rubbed his tired eyes and yawned. He only got five hours of sleep. He turned on his coffee maker and sat down at the kitchen table. He lit up a cigarette and took a long puff. He slowly let the smoke out and watched as it disappeared.

He heard a beep from his coffee maker. He stood up but stepped on something hard. He gasped and looked down, Dave left his drum sticks. Kurt took in a deep breath and let it out. He picked up Dave's drumsticks and looked them over to make sure he didn't affect them. They looked fine so Kurt sat them on the table.

He fixed a cup of coffee and sat back at his table. He took a long drink and smelt of the coffee. He crossed his legs and looked at the pictures on the wall.

Kurt wasn't married and he lived alone. Sometimes his best friends Dave and Krist would stay the night with him. Those nights were crazy. Kurt didn't drink but Krist would always bring beers and get drunk. Dave would drink a beer or two but wouldn't get drunk. Those nights were the only nights Kurt could sleep because Dave would sleep with him and wrap his arm around him and whisper in his ear that everything was okay. Kurt felt so peaceful when Dave would do this.

After Kurt drank his coffee he took a shower. He let the warm water run over his cold body. He shampooed his hair then soaped up his body. After he got finished he put on some jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Since he wasn't going to go anywhere he slipped on his socks but left his shoes off.

He ran back downstairs and flipped on the TV. There he saw the video to Come As You Are by his band, Nirvana. Kurt sang and played guitar, Dave played drums and Krist played bass.

Kurt was kind of quiet and shy. He was tall and skinny. He had blonde hair that was to his shoulders and amazing blue eyes. His smile was beautiful and his laugh was adorable. He was just gorgeous.

Dave wasn't shy and he loved to talk. He was tall and skinny. He had dark hair that was a little below his shoulders. He had brown eyes.

Krist was a loud, wild person. He would talk to anyone who looked at him. He had dark hair and dark eyes. He was tall and skinny.

As Kurt lit up a cigarette he heard a knock at his door. He unlocked the door and opened it. There was Dave and Krist.

"Hey" Dave smiled at Kurt and wrapped his arms around him.

Kurt smiled and hugged Dave back. "Hey guys. What's up?"

Dave and Krist walked inside and shut the door. Kurt sat down on the couch and turned the TV off. Dave sat beside him and smiled. Krist walked into the kitchen, looking for food.

Kurt looked into Dave's eyes. He immediately began to feel nervous and weird. He blinked and looked away from Dave. Dave smiled at Kurt, "Wanna go practice?"

Kurt nodded. Dave, Krist, and Kurt all walked into the studio.