Chapter 19

Emily

I haven't heard anything from Luke in a while. Maybe he finally stopped stressing over every little thing Cass does.

"Oh, come on, Emily. Just do it. It couldn't hurt to try. Think of how much fun it would be if your son was the mysterious child of Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer!" Bailey, my coworker squeals and I hold my ears so he doesn't damage them. Bailey is gay. And American. He transferred here like five years ago. And he absolutely loves 5 Seconds of Summer. I think Michael is his favorite.

"For the last time. No, Bailey. I'm not sending a dm to Luke Hemmings because he's not the father of my son. I already know who Cass's father is." I say walking past him to pull my notepad from my desk.

He and I manage the front desk at Crimson Crest's studios. We sponsor magazines, music and tv. After meeting Bailey through Dawn, we became friends and he got me the position on the top floor with him. Right down the hall from Ms. Crest's office. I can't thank him enough for that. The pay is enough to support my whole flat. And Ms. Crest loves kids so she doesn't mind me bringing Cass as long as he's well behaved.

"No you don't. You just got over a bad cold. You could still be hallucinating. How many fingers am I holding up?" He asks sticking three fingers in my face.

"Three." I say pushing his hand away. Then I fling my bag over my shoulder. I needed my notes and supplies for the assignment Ms. Crest gave me.

"Come on just try. Four years can change people a lot. Maybe your baby daddy is Luke with a different name." He says and I shake my head.

"Even if I wanted to, it would be pointless. Do you know how many other girls are gonna be texting him he's their baby daddy? I'm sure he wouldn't even get mine." I shrug my shoulders as he follows me out.

"I guess you're right. But the thought was fun. You being the mother of Luke Hemmings's mystery child. How great would that be?" He sighs and I chuckle.

"Bailey, you're a man. You can be someone's mystery baby's mother, remember." I remind him with a giggle.

"Yeahh, I know. I'm so jealous of you and Dawn." He whines, stamping his foot like a child. "Oh well. Some people just get to have all the fun." He shrugs.

"I guess so. And if you want a baby so bad you should talk to Rodney about adopting." I suggest.

"I have. He said he's not ready for parenthood. Speaking of which, do you need a babysitter this weekend? I know about Dawn taking Mattie out of town to see her family." He asks referring to the Cordelia Holt book signing. I told him about how I have tickets. But since Dawn is going out of town the same weekend I had to put my tickets away. I'll see if Luke can take the reins on this one. If not then Bailey has it.

"Erm, I don't think so. I'll check when I get home. If I do, you'll be the first one I call." I say hugging him before getting on the next elevator that stops on this floor.

"Emily! Here, you'll need this." He says handing me my umbrella. "It's starting to rain." He says and I thank him. When the elevator doors close I pull out my phone and pull up mine and Luke's conversation.

@LianJuatice- I'm going to the shops. Would you like anything?
My Twitter mane is my middle name and dawns last name. In fact it's the name I use on all my social media so my family wouldn't find me.

@Luke5sos- Oranges.
He sends back and I giggle.

@LianJustice- Oranges it is.