Chapter 25

Emily

"Hello?" He answers on the first ring. His voice is horse. He's been crying. Shit.

"Hey, Baily. What's wrong? Why did you want me to call the desk phone?" I asked.

"I talked to Rodney about being a parent and we got in this huge argument. We almost got into a fist fight but I didn't wanna fight him over this. Can I stay at your place till tomorrow morning? We promised to properly talk it out then." He asks and I start pacing around the small area. I think for a moment before coming up with an answer.

"Well I'm not home. But you can stay. Just text Dawn so she can let you in because I'm sure Matts will already be asleep by the time you get there." I inform him and I hear a sigh in relief. I just did him a huge favor.

"Thanks, Em!" I hear his smile through the phone.

"Hey, Emily! Come in here! We wanna teach Cass to play the drums!" Ashton exclaims and my face pails hoping Baily didn't hear that.

"Emily, was that Ashton Irwin?" He asks. Dammit.

"N-no. That was my old friend Alex. I bumped into him earlier and we decided to catch up before he flies back home. Talk to you later, bye Baily!" I cut the call before he can press on. I press the thing to my chest and breath out in relief. I ease down in the chair behind me and drop the phone as my sudden fear drips away.

"Come on honey. Let's go inside." I reach out for Cass's hand and he hops down and takes it.