35

35

"Thanks," I said to Addison when she gave me a can of orange Fanta. I don't like this flavor very much, but I didn't want to be picky so I didn't say anything.

"Want to swap?" Logan whispered to me, he got a grape one. I grimaced but nodded anyway. "Thanks," I told him and gave him my orange drink. He was pretty considerate, which was rare.

"Don't worry," I remembered the thing he told me last night, "you'll know what you want, I'll make sure of that."

My neck felt warm at the flashback. So being nice to me was the first step to make me fall for him. What a smart tactic. I was being sarcastic, by the way.

Addison walked over to sit at the end of Gunner's bed and smiled at Logan and I. I was right, not only that she sounded better on the phone, she also looked happier now. They must've made up yesterday, or at least I hoped so.

James was sitting on Gunner's office chair while Caleb sat down near him but on the carpeted floor. Avery was sitting on my left. The whole gang was here. Even though I received smiles and small greetings from most of them they still wouldn't talk to each other since I got here. It was a weird sight to see because even though I didn't know them that well yet they were always talking and joking around whenever I saw them together.

"So," I was the one to break the silence, "it's nice to see you guys again."

No one replied. The corner of James's lips curved up as a force smile for me and that was all I've got from them which suck and embarrassing. I heard Logan said nice one under his breath. I elbowed him hard in the rib. Goddamn, what else could I say? If he was such a smartass why didn't he say anything?

To my surprise, "Before I'm going to say anything else," Gunner spoke after a looooong time, "I wanted to apologized to everyone in this room," he stared at each of us and looked at Logan last and said, "you too."

Eyes were no longer on me, they all moved to Gunner which was a relief, "I mixed my personal issues with work, and it was a team work, no less. It was selfish of me and I also said a lot of selfish things to my colleagues, which was unforgivable. My irresponsible actions effected a lot of people and that make me hate myself even more.

But I promise you all here that I will create the best short film for the film festival and will do anything means necessary to bring that award to us. So I'm asking you now, can you all stay by me a little longer?" Gunner sounded like he was pleading at the end.

I chose not to say anything this time around because I wasn't ready to be embarrassed again. I eyed everyone quietly, I just wanted to see what their reactions were. The Lively twins weren't saying anything but their expressions were identically a relaxed one. Seemed to me like they forgave him already.

Which left James and Caleb. The sandy blonde dude was looking up at James like a little kid waiting for an adult to make decisions for him.

"You are wrong, you know," James finally said from the chair, "you are not the one to make the movie, we all are," he pointed at each of us, "and we will stay with you no matter what anyway, so don't ask stupid questions. Idiot."

I tried to hide my smile as I noticed that almost everybody in the room was trying not to laugh when James called Gunner an idiot. It was pretty funny to see a composed, know-it-all person like James to to lose his cool at least a little bit. And the way he said idiot was so sassy.

Gunner seemed to be satisfied with the respond he got anyway because he threw one of his pillows at James, but missed. Avery and Caleb was egging them on by saying the word fight in unison over and over. The pillow fight between those two men was about to get started but Addison scolded them both like a mum.