0.9

el 1 de enero 2017, 10:29. sevilla, españa.

━━━━

   "WELL, AREN'T YOU awfully cheerful this morning."

   kyungsoo stirs a small amount of sugar in his coffee. he offers a smile to his roommate. "you could say that."

   minseok leans against the wall. "care to share?"

   "you can guess first."

   "ugghh, i don't want to play guessing games. just tell me."

   kyungsoo hums. "i'll give you a hint. jongin."

   it hits minseok instantly, and his mouth forms in an o. "holy shit, really?"

   kyungsoo takes a sip of his coffee, nodding. as soon as he sets his coffee mug on the counter, minseok attacks him, throwing his arms around his neck and jumping up and down.

   "i'm so happy for you!" he lets go slowly. "how did it happen? i need details!"

   "later. i gotta wake the kid up now."

   "noooo, i wanna know, soo."

   kyungsoo flicks minseok's forehead before walking away and back to his room.

━━━━

january 4th 2017, 08:43 pm. seoul.

━━━━

video call with soofuckin.

   "i wish i could buy a plane ticket right now."

   jongin snorts, resting his head on his arm. "yeah?"

   a hum comes from the other side of the screen. "i would in a heartbeat if i had the money right now."

   "i'm sure you and me both would," jongin smiles lazily. "soon. it'll happen soon, hyung."

   kyungsoo smiles too, making jongin's insides flip. his heart races out of his chest. "can we make some sort of promise?"

   "hmm, i think that's doable. what kind, babe?"

   "i don't know," kyungsoo looks up and jongin sees how his hand involuntarily moves over the screen, like he's trying to touch jongin. "just that we can see each other either by the end of this year or the beginning of next? it doesn't matter who goes first, it just has to happen. whoever has the right of money first."

   heat rises in jongin's face. "ahh!! what are you doing to me."

   "what did i do?" kyungsoo pouts, and jongin really wants to kiss that pout off his lips.

   "you're making me blush by just asking if we can make that promise and pouting. how are you the cutest human being on this planet, what is this trickery?"

   red appears on kyungsoo's cheeks. "stop it."

   "hmm, nahh."

   "you're unbelievable."

   "you're adorable."

   "can i hit you please?"

   "can you reach?"

   "you know what, fuck you."

   "gladly, when and where?"

   if kyungsoo wasn't already red, he is now and it's adorable. jongin coos. "alright, i'll stop now. we can definitely make that an official promise, though."

   kyungsoo worries his bottom lip. he smiles shyly and jongin sees himself squishing kyungsoo's cheeks and kissing them for just that expression. his chest clenches at the thought.

   the two of them grow quiet. kyungsoo has his head resting on his arms, and those resting on the edge of his desk. his eyes look dazed and a bit tired, but cute and full of contentment. for now, jongin can only gaze at kyungsoo through his phone screen, but the more he keeps his eyes on kyungsoo, the more he wonders why it took him so long to figure out that he loved him. who wouldn't love him? not just in kyungsoo's very soft, yet masculine features - which they have video called before and jongin remembers he couldn't tear his eyes away from, nor stop admiring him physically - but in the way kyungsoo is. jongin guesses you have to be close enough to see his good sides. he knows how kyungsoo is around strangers and acquaintances - shy, aloof, at times that someone is really bothering him, angry. but it isn't him at all.

   at the same time, jongin feels lucky it was him that kyungsoo loved most. out of all the people in the world smarter and more attractive than jongin, it was him.

   "you're quiet." kyungsoo has his chin propped up on his arms now, looking at jongin curiously.

   "am i?"

   kyungsoo smiles a little, nodding. "what are you thinking?"

   "hmm, i guess that i'm super lucky," jongin feels the blush rise in his cheeks again, "you love me like you do."

   "lucky?"

   "yeah. but i'm happy, and i'm grateful for you, hyung."

   kyungsoo's heart shaped smile widens and he sits up and stretches out his arms. only to go back with his head on his arms. "you're cute, jongin."

   "i'm supposed to say that."

   kyungsoo laughs and jongin falls a little more in love.

━━━━ we made a promise ━━━━

hhhh i had this and the last update planned as a double update but i like to make people wait so i might just do a triple update next :") we'll see!!!

much love,
kam 💕