A Kiss!

Portia's Pov

        I don't know what came over me; I guess I am looking for a guy that wants to settle down not a guy who wants to just sleep with me. I really like Ford but I don't know what to truly feel around him it is like my emotions get scattered.

      He leans off of me and I sit down...thinking. Ford goes upstairs; I feel like I am betraying Jeff but at the same time I never really liked him.

         I turn on the tv and I suddenly feel the need to check on Ford. I walk slowly upstairs and peek through the crack in the door; he hears me and rolls over.

           I walk over sitting on the edge of the bed running my hands through his hair. I also fix my hair, pulling it into a messy-(er) bun.

"Portia?" Ford said seriously

"Yeah?"

"Uhh I- How much do you like me?" He said with a soft hot tone in his voice

"To the moon and back, of course!"

       That made him chuckle! He was starting to doze off to sleep and so was I. I laid down beside him and closed my eyes.

                       Ford's Pov

         I woke up to Portia on my chest and birds chirping, I can not believe we almost slept together last night! I think I am in love with her and her awkwardly-perfectness! I hated it last night when she brought up Jeff; it ruined the whole thing.

      I saw Portia's eyes start to open and she just looked out the window and listened; I felt kinda nasty since we slept in our clothes but you only live once soo what the heck.

      I kissed Portia's head and she smiled up at me; she rolled over and grabbed her phone and then jolted up out of bed and ran in the bathroom; she came out in about 2 minutes in a black dress and black heels on. I looked at her confused

"What are you doing?" I said totally confused

"I have to meet Jeff; I am an hour late"

"Oh..okay, see ya"

      She ran downstairs and with every step she took I could feel my heart start to chip.

       I like her but I just don't want her to be a beckon call girl for Jeff- Stupid Jeff!

                          Portia's Pov

      I totally forgot Jeff wanted me to come in today to help with the case; I run downstairs and get in my car and drive to the cafe.

       When I get there I see him sitting in our booth that we always sit in. I sit down

"What took you so long, I have been here for an hour?" he said with a confused angry tone

"Umm...I"

"Nevermind, today we will get them; C'mon"

     We both stand up and go out to his car; We act like we are hugging while Jeff watches the man get in his car and start to drive off.

     We get in the car when the man gets in the car. We follow him without being noticed; The man stops at an abandoned warehouse.

    We stop in front of the gate and Jeff reaches behind his seat bringing out a pistol and some other hand guns; the gun that caught my eye was a shotgun!

      I grabbed it and he looked confused, He grabbed the shotgun away from me and gave me a little gun. I frowned

      We got out of the car and crawled to a cracked window. We looked through the window and there was a man tied up to a chair, the man we had been watching, and a man with a bazooka aiming at the guy tied up.