Saved?!

Ford's Pov

      I followed the sound of the gunshot, crawling in a vent and Portia looks dead but then she open's her eyes wide staring at me. I give her a small smirk and study the guys with guns.

      I point at the guy with the bazooka but if I shoot him and he is in shock then he might pull the trigger. I aim at the guy walking around; I get ready to pull the trigger but decide to call the police to get a headstart. I whisper as low as I can but the vent is making my voice echo!

       I finish the call and watch Portia reach for her gun that is about 5 fotsteps away from her but what she doesn't realize is that the men are watching her!

      I wave at her hoping she gets my signal; the man puts down his bazooka and starts to walk over to Portia; he stomps on her hand saying

"nice try"

      She rolls her eyes and pulls out a knife stabbing him in the leg and making him drop to the side of her; he pulls out the knife immediately and punches her in the face. I hear the sirens! I shoot the man that punched Portia and then the man that was just walking away tries to run but I shoot him in the back of the leg.

     He falls to the ground and holds his leg. I can't believe I just killed a guy and shot one in the freaking leg! The police break the door down after being sure that no one was being held captive. The police men put up a ladder so I could get down and Portia is outside being checked out because the bullet grazed her arm.

       I walk out to her.

                       Portia's Pov

      There isn't much the doctors can do since it is pretty much just a cut. I can not believe Jeff was a psycho, I start to feel my mind go into this weird funk; Ford walks out to me where I am sitting in the ambulance truck. I smile at him and he smiles back.

"I am glad you are safe-" he started to say but I cut him off

" And you hope I never scare you like that again,..right?" I said with a smile.

"Right!" He said agreeing with me.

       I pulled him in embracing him in a long and passionate hug.

~

       We pull in the driveway to my house and I still can't believe Jeff was a psycho killer and my dad sent me on dates with him!

       I sit for awhile spacing out, just thinking. Ford ahems, I think to get my head out of the clouds and back to smelling roses. I turn to smile at him and get out of the car. He gets out and we walk to the door, I unlock it and go to the kitchen and start pulling out food to make. I don't know why I can't get out of this funk. I pull out macaroni and chop up some hotdogs to mix together. I pour us each a huge bowl of it and pour some wine into our glasses and put the bottle on the table. I sit down and Ford asks

"Are you okay?" Ford says with a kinda confused look

"I'm fine, let's eat!" I say with the biggest forced smile ever!

                        Ford's Pov

      Portia is acting really weird; she didn't say one word in the car and when we got to the house she didn't even talk to me. Portia is usually a talker or whatever.

     She drinks the whole glass of wine and then pours and drinks another! I eat my mac and hotdogs while she chugs down a third glass.

     I grab the bottle and put it on the counter. She looks at me with a confused look. I walk over to her and give her a hug; after a few minutes I try to break free of the hug but she is still hugging me. I look down at her and I can see the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"What's wrong Portia?!" I say concerned

"I...I.. really like you and I can't believe an I know that we would never-"

"What do you mean, I like you too and I can't believe Jeff was a killer and I understand that you would never marry me" I said trying to be funny

    She punches my arm lightly and smiles wiping her tears. I hate it when she cries it just breaks my heart.

"Sorry I was rambling it's just that I can't believe I almost died and why my dad didn't do a background check on Jeff or something; and I would marry you if you asked or I would ask you, I mean it could go either way" Portia said smiling

     I looked into Portia's eyes and I could definately see she was almost out of her funk but she did look a lil bit drunk.

     I wrapped my arm around Portia and walked to the couch. We turned on the tv and watched Ramsey's Kitchen for a bit.

      Portia keeps looking up at me for some reason?

"What, do i have something on my face?" I said

"No, it's just i figured you would have kissed me by now"

     I smiled at that; I put my hands on her face and she put her hands in my hair. I put my lips on hers and we made out for a bit.

     She started unzipping my pants but I don't know if she is a little bit drunk soo; I grabbed her hand and held it. She layed me back a little and straddled me; I told her that I need to use the bathroom. I ran upstairs and talked to myself for about half an hour telling myself that she is not drunk and I can do this.