Real Girls Eat Cake

Ford's Pov

       We finish baking and putting icing on the cakes. The cake looks pretty good for being my first time making cake. Portia smiles at me with her flour face and I smile back. The cake has layers of colors making it look like a rainbow which is cool. I dip my figure in the icing putting it on her nose making her giggle. She looks at the cake for a couple seconds and then she grabs a clump of the cake and smashes it into my chest. I smile at her moving closer to her grabbing a clump of cake and splatting it in her face. She smiles spittitting out cake. She gets closer and kisses me with her rainbow face. I kiss her back softly tasting the icing and cake on her lips then I smile at her. I feel the awkwardness in the air as she goes and washes her hands, face, an hair. I go to the bathroom and wet my hair and change my shirt to something that doesn't have cake on it.

     Portia is still in the bathroom when i go to clean up the kitchen.

                        Portia's Pov

      I couldn't really get the flour out of my hair so now i have just white highlights. I look in the mirror and realize that Ford is the guy I want an I can't have any excuses about it or anything. I whisper to myself

   "I love Ford" I take a deep breath

     I run my fingers through my hair and go to the kitchen to help clean up

~

     We finally clean up the huge mess then decide to go out for dinner and buy a made cake. I take a shower,blow dry my hair,an curl it slightly; then I pick out a teal dress with sparkles on it. I throw on a light thing of makeup an we are ready to go. Ford is dressed in a tux with a bowtie making him look very dapper.

      We go to this fancy restaurant that i had never been to before. Ford goes to a big elegant booth and I follow him.

    The waiter immediately comes at us with menus and drink orders. I set the menu aside and drink my lemonade.

    Ford looks at me funny.

"What?" I say

"Aren't you going to find something on the menu?" Ford says curiously

"I already know what I want?" I say confidently

"What is it that you want Portia?" Ford asks me like he is trying to ask me a much bigger question.

"I want pizza" I say

"This place doesnt have pizza but I guess i could make an exception" Ford says

      I drink all my lemonade an ask for a glass of wine. Ford an I have an awkward chat and smiles. Ford gets a glass too, I bite my lip nervously an wait for our food. Ford rubs my back making my nervousness ease out of me like projectile vommit. I smile at him and bat my eyes. He leans over an kisses my cheek. He sits closer by me, When he turns to face me i can feel his breath on my neck leaving tickles down my spine.

                       Ford's Pov

     I am totally having the best time making Portia nervous an crap. I am doing it on purpose because I know I can. Our food finally gets here an I eat my chicken and Portia eats her pizza.

~

We finish at the diner and now we are going to get cake. We stop at this really famous cake place. I see tons of cakes an I buy the ones I liked an the ones Portia liked. By the time we bought the cake we had 6 cakes on the counter. We ate a slice out of every cake in the car. The cake tasted like heaven in my mouth.

      We are driving home and Portia is acting really strange.

"Hey, whats wrong?" I nudge her elbow

"Oh um I-nothing,nevermind,nothing" She says

"You can tell me anything?"

"I know"she says

        I see a tear in her eye and she quickly wipes it away.

"Ford.."Portia whispers

"What" I say

"I love you like really love you-I wanna be with you forever and...I was always so scared to tell you this"

"Its okay, I love you too;more than anything in the world" I say smiling

        She seems happier, looking out the window,we get home finally and I go to our room awkwardly, not knowing what to say to her.