Remus Lupin

"Remus Lupin!" Snape shouted for what had seemed to be the 100th time, he raged with all his might making the young boy quiver and back away to the door way as Snape slammed his hand against the wall next to his window, "Batman?" Harry questioned as Snape threw his hissy fit, "Who is Remos Lupan?" Snape turned his attention to Harry and calmed slightly "Remus Lupin is cowardly little man who care more about how people see and feel about him than doing the right thing" Harry, even in his confusion didn't ask any further on the matter seeing how badly his guardian was affected by his mere name.

Today was the day Remus Lupin would be coming to life with them, it had been a few weeks since Severus had taken Harry under is wing and surprisingly they had bonded quite well, probably because young Harry was so quiet and did as he was told, Snape even found himself enjoying the boys company not that he would admit to it. Snape had taken the next few weeks off from teaching although he did request for all of his students essays be sent to him for marking as well as updates on how his Slytherins were coping, it wasn't often that he would take time off from teaching especially during exams but this child needed him and he would do anything for his beloved Lily.

"And to this very day no one really knows what happened to the sisters and-" Snape stopped talking, listening for something that Harry knew not of, then Harry heard them, three soft knocks on the door. Snape shifted so Harry was alone on the sofa and the book Snape was reading to him was on his lap. Severus opened the door to see the ragged man with a battered rucksack hanging on one shoulder.

"Remus Lupin"

"Severus how are you?" Snape only grunted and looked a Lupin with intense hatred, his glare was mighty and cold however it dulled when he felt Harry cling to his leg staring up at him, Snape picked up the boy and stood to the side, Lupin smiled sheepishly at Harry as he stepped into the dark house of Snape. In the living room Harry sat on Snape's lap and Lupin looked nervous whilst staring at the pair. "So you two seem to be getting on well" Lupin started but Snape didn't do idle conversation. "Your bedroom is first door on the left upstairs. Do what you are here to do, observe and report to Dumbledore I will not have you be under my roof meaninglessly so you can either look after Potter when I go out or you yourself you out shopping, you will also clean up your messes and help around the house. Am I clear? Good then, put your shit in your bedroom and I'll introduce you to Potter here"

The introduction was not as Lupin expected it, Harry clung to Snape like a life line and continuously whispered 'Batman' into Snape's black woollen robes, the boy didn't even make an attempt at coming close to him, was it because of the wolf? Dinner time rolled in and Lupin and Harry watched as 'Batman' made dinner as such he would do with potions, his hands were precise in their movements as they cut vegetables and bread, dinner was served and all Lupin could think about were those hands, why were they so fascinating? He hadn't even been there 4 hours and he was fantasising about the hands of the man his friends had tortured their entire school career, this man had been a Death Eater as well what was he thinking! Giving his thanks Lupin retired to his room in the small three bedroom house that was Snape's home, it wasn't a pleasant place, it was damp and moulding and the wallpaper peeling, if James and Sirius could ever see this they would die of laugher telling him 'I told you so' but they weren't here, no one was rotting in Azkaban and the other was dead because of Sirius. Putting his head in his hand he held back tears and rolled his way to bed forgetting everything that had happened in the past 3 years and hoping saying with Snape and Little Harry would do him some good.