Wolf irritation

For weeks now Severus had been noticing the odd few things here and there, shut windows would be opened, doors would be unlocked and dirty paw prints had stained the carpet, and it was driving him insane. Obviously wards were not enough to keep the mutts out of his home, even potions couldn't keep the beasts away he was at a loss.

"Can we get a dog please?" Harry had settled in well to his new life with his Batman, so much so he had been pleading with Severus to get a dog, the child had even went to the length of researching about their every need and even taking the information to make a pamphlet, he had repeated the process so Severus now had six pamphlets in the left drawer of is desk.

"No Harry, how many times do I have to tell you we can't get a dog"

"Why not?"

"I-" Severus paused, after the whole fiasco with Dumbledore and his weakened state a few weeks ago he was sure he was out of a job, of course Severus wasn't to worried about the lack of teaching but he was only doing that for redemption, what would he suffer because of it? And it wasn't like he didn't have other sources of income, people pay high prices for potions especially after the war since many things were restricted. "ok, you can get a dog" Harry wasn't concerned on his Batman's change of heart all he could do was jump around the place and squeal with happiness.

Hugging Severus young Harry whispered "thank you father" and then ran back to his room. Severus sat there staring at the wall perplexed at what Harry had called him... it wasn't something he ever expected to be called in his is life but here he was and for whatever reason he felt a deep warmed in his heart. Smiling softly Severus stood up to lock one of those bloody windows again, "At least a dog could keep away the fucking werewolves".

Somewhere very far away in the middle of nowhere a prisoner heard of Severus Snape and the kidnapping of 4 year old Harry Potter. Anger, fear and determination ran threw his body as he schemed his escape, "I'll get you Snivellus"

It was breakfast time in the new home of Snape, at the head of the table sat Severus reading the daily prophet with an impassive face as Harry gobbled up his french toast with maple syrup, Lucius and his son were also there, Lucius eating and Draco babbling to Harry.

"What's the prophet saying now?"

"Sirius Black escaped Azkaban last week, the Ministry still haven't found him yet" Severus with every fibre of his being wanted not to tell Harry that the raging lunatic Sirius Black was his Godfather but he knew that he would have to tell him sooner or later, hell he hadn't even told Lucius the Harry was a Potter.

"Do you still think its safe to go the park today?"

"Of course, Black's not stupid enough to attack in broad daylight" With that said the two men made their way to get up whilst instructing their sons to get cleaned and ready so they could go to the park.

"I feel as though a glamour is in order for Harry and yourself so Narcissa and I have enchanted this ring and bracelet for you and Harry" Lucius held out both items in both hands, the ring was slim and silver with fading words of 'pater vero'. The bracelet was black leather and tightly braided, the clasps were silver and beautifully engraved.

"Every time you leave this land the glamour is activated and only Narcissa, Draco and I can see threw it"

"Very clever Lucius, I praise you on you quick thinking"  Severus then slipped on the ring and when Harry came down handed to boy the gift. "You know Lucius you should have really gotten on one knee instead of just handing me the ring, what will Narcissa say?"

"Now lets head to the park" and with that they apperated of to the nearest park.