Death is a fickle thing

At the clustered desk of Dumbledores office was young Rita Skeeter in her signature black blouse, green blazer and a matching skirt that stopped just before the ankles, she had her notepad floating next to her, a quill scribbling away rapidly as Ms Skeeter hung on to every word that soothed from the grandfatherly headmaster, though his words were twisted and false.

"So would you say that Professor Snape is a danger to both himself and young Harry Potter?"

Dumbledore nodded softly "I'm afraid so. I love Severus very dearly he is like a son to me and it pains me to admit it, Severus is a danger not only to himself but to Harry too"

"And you don't know where he has taken the boy?"

"His location is unknown for the time being but we-Minerva and I-suspect that he was with the Malfoy's" Skeeter's brow twitched and raised as though asking another question

"Severus was always quite friendly with Lucius in his school days, didn't have a lot of friends".

"So not only has our saviour been taken by a Death Eater, said Death Eater is no where to be found in the past month and is also in cahoots with another Death Eater. Ooh how my readers are going to love this!"

Back in the Snape-Black house-hold Sirius was cleaning up. The kitchen had gotten rather dusty since Snape was so neglectful of any room other than his potions laboratory so Sirius took it upon himself to clean up, it wasn't like he could really do anything else.

"Everybody's talking about that new dog in town~" Sirius sang as he wiped the surface of the kitchen counter tops. Harry sat on a stool near the corner with one Severus' potions textbooks much to the two adults amusement. After the encounter with Remus Sirius had been reserved even with Harry, it killed Severus to say, no to even think, that he was worried about Sirius.

Severus was coming up from his potions lab when he heard Sirius singing an old muggle song from the Eagles, however Severus' didn't remember 'dog' being a lyric. In the kitchen Sirius danced around the kitchen humming, not noticing Severus standing at the door way amused. It was only then in that moment did Severus act on his animalistic impulse. He reached out and caught Sirius by the waist and spun him round and pulled him against his chest, Sirius yelped in surprise but it was silenced with a breath taking kiss. Severus didn't know what had come over him but he couldn't tare his lips away from Sirius'. The kiss was long and emotional, it was like wind was spiralling around them in a mass of chaos, holding them hostage with ropes binding their bodies together. Sirius pulled away with all the strength he had left (which wasn't much after Azkaban) and pushed Severus away. Severus had a look of shock as Sirius stormed out, leaving him confused and conflicted with a little Harry still in the corner (who hadn't noticed the commotion) still reading the little potions books.

"Sirius!" Severus called after the retreating man, "Sirius Please!" but he didn't stop, Severus huffed and crossed his arms his over chest. Severus stormed off to his lab leaving Harry to obviously read his book.

An angered scream and smashing of glass was what drew Sirius to the door of the basement where Severus' potions lab lay. Even by the door Sirius could feel the power, the pain, the anguish that consumed the dark, closed of man that Sirius was reluctantly admitting to himself that he admired... no more than admired... loved. Merlin, how he had royally fucked up. They were a fuck up, together they fucked up.

Summing all of his courage Sirius darted into the room and kissed Severus. The two couldn't tear their lips from each others. They fucked.