chapter thirty🥣

Annie's POV:
I busted into Mackenzie's house as if I was some sort of ninja or something. I saw Mackenzie drop onto the ground with a piece of paper on the counter and a medicine bottle in her hand. My mom ushered over to me. "Annie!Sweety..I forgot to-" she saw Kenzie on the ground and her facial expression changed.
"Annie! What happened to Mackenzie?"
"I-I-I'm not sure m-m-mom."
My mom ran over to her and picked up the medicine bottle out of her hand. I rushed to Kenzie trying to feel her heartbeat and pulse,but everything stopped. She stopped.
"Mom! Why didn't she moving!" I demanded for an answer. I know this isn't her fault,but I feel like crying a river right now.
"Annie. Car.Now." My mom instructed,as I nodded.
I ran into our mini van and saw my mom pick up Kenzie and put her on my lap. "Take her of her. We're going to the hospital. Take my phone and call Melissa." My mom said,as she shoved her phone into my hands. I called Melissa,aka Kenzie's mom.
"Hey Katie! What's up?" Melissa said.
"Hi-Melissa. It's Annie. I came over to Kenzie's house and my mom and I found her on the ground with a bottle of medicine in her hand. We're taking her to the hospital."
"Oh my! Okay,I'm coming! I'm getting straight out of work,I'll be at the hospital in ten minutes!"
"Okay." I said as I hung up the phone.
I looked at Kenzie,took her hand and buried my face into her. I cried and cried. "I love you so much,Mackenzie." I whispered. Her face was pale. That couldn't be good.
"Mom,her face is pale."
"Don't worry,we will be at the hospital in ten minutes. Sit tight." My mom said worried.
I cried and cried until a flashback came into my mind.
Flashback:
Today is the first time me and Kenzie will meet. I'm so excited! Mackenzie will be coming to my house,so I left out a bag of Doritos(Cool Ranch) since apparently she likes those a lot,juice boxes,and some fruit. Ding-dong!
"Annie! Get the door!" Hayley,my little sister yelled. "I know!" I opened the door and me and Mackenzie burst into a huge hug.
*End Of FlashBack*
"Annie! Sweety! Get up!" I felt someone shaking me. Oh,it's my mom. She was holding Mackenzie as Melissa ran up to us. "Aw my poor baby!We have to get her in quick!"
We got into the hospital,and the doctor took her in. I was getting so anxious that I started shaking my feet and being moody to Melissa and my mom. I really didn't mean to,it's just that my best friends life is at stake.