Chapter 12

Note to all my dear readers: My take on Goblin's capture is going to be different than on the show. In fact, now the story is going to take a more imaginative turn, not based on the Tv series. I hope this won't affect what you think of my story. Also, I will explain Goblin's background and how he ended up in that iceberg (my take on it, at least).

Enjoy!

That night, all the dragons slept in the academy. They were still exhausted from the first-ever dragon race, which ended up in a tie between Hiccup and Heather. Everything around them was calm, with not a single cricket nor owl around the place, the moonlight bathed its radiant light upon the forms of the slumbering dragons as they peacefully slept.

All but one.

Goblin shifted in his sleep, kicking the air and flapping his wings every now and then. He let out nearly-inaudible whimpers and croons, as if he was having a nightmare. Yes, dragons did have dreams, as well as nightmares, when they slept. Until that night, he had never had any unpleasant dreams during his stay on Berk.

He dreamt he was flying. This time, however, not with Heather, nor with any of the other dragons. He was completely alone, flying over the ocean, as fast as he could. The scent of humans and the sound of catapults echoed in the air, making the Skrill know he was not as alone as he thought. With a roar, he fired a lighting bolt at the ship following his trail, burning one of their sails to ashes. He was leading them to the icy waters of the North, away from his nest, and for now it seemed to be working. He spotted the iceberg-filled treacherous waters, knowing full well that human ships would not resist hitting one of those.

Suddenly, a bola tangled into his right wing, and another on his legs. Panicking, Goblin flapped his left wing in despair as he plummeted to one of the icebergs, doing his best to avoid the water. Goblin crashed unto the icy floor of the iceberg, tangled in the bolas. As the Viking ship came nearer and nearer to the iceberg, he tried desperately to break free of his binds. However, suddenly a foot came into contact with his head and pinned him to the ground, rendering him immobile. More humans came and pinned down his wings and tail.

"Look at this..." one of them spoke. "The so-famous Skrill."

"Do think he is related to the Skrill family on that island?"

"It's possible, if he came all the way here to try and lead us away from there."

Goblin froze. They had found his family?! Firefly wouldn't be able to handle all those humans by herself! The Skrill shook violently, trying to get free from the humans' hold.

"What are we going to do with him?"

Then, perhaps the eeriest voice he had ever heard in his lifetime, replied. "We already eradicated female and the hatchlings. We will do the same with this beast." Goblin looked around for the source of the voice, the one who had his foot over his head. He couldn't distinguish who it was, the sunlight prevented him from even distinguishing him. Goblin panicked when he felt the humans lifting him on the ground.

"Let's see if this dragon knows how to swim." The same, eerie man from before spoke, before chuckling evilly.

When Goblin realized what these people intended to do, it was too late. He felt the cold water pierce against his scales, and tried his best to hold his breath, but he knew it wouldn't last long. N desperation, Goblin flapped his only free wing to try and return to the surface, but it was no use. As he watched the surface going farther and farther, the Skrill finally ran out of air, and his vision became blurry. Black holes formed in his vision, until finally his consciousness slipped away from him.