27~ Fashion Week

Eshaan handed the car keys to the Valet. He turned to face the posh Seven-star hotel. As he walked through the path leading to the hotel, on the way he noticed many hoardings with writing

FASHION WEEK, MUMBAI.

Tonight, was the last day of the fashion week and hence most crowds were present today. Monica will be seen ramp walking tonight. Eshaan felt excited, already. He showed the guards his invite. Thanks to his post in media he got the invite. He smiled remembering how Monica had insisted she will get him a pass.

She is so cute....and sexy – Eshaan thought as he entered the venue.

The entire place was star-studded. Eshaan saw many celebs from glitz and glamour world, from the business world. Some of them giving interviews to various news channels while some posing for the paparazzi. Eshaan remembered how Monica never fails to mention, in this one week, how she loves the glamour and how she wants to one day be a top model in India.

Ten years ago, when Eshaan was just sixteen he had come to Mumbai. At first, he was excited to see celebs but then eventually got bored on seeing them. And strangely, Eshaan was never attracted to glitz and glamour. For some reasons, he always saw it as fake.

Eshaan entered the venue and adjusted the collar of his navy-blue blazer and pulled up his white trouser pants. He adjusted the side-parting of his gelled hair. He tugged on his blazer and looked around for a seat. He wanted to sit somewhere near the front, so he could have a clear look of Monica. But he knew it would be difficult as all the big shots will be allotted those seats.

'Hey, Eshaan.' Someone called him. He turned around looking for the person who had called him. Soon, amongst the crowd he found Kavita waving at him. He smiled and waved back. Then his gaze fell on Kabir who stood next to her. Eshaan noticed he didn't look pleased seeing him. Why? - He wondered. But he pushed the thought and hurried to them.

Kavita as usual was dressed in traditional wear, emerald green chiffon saree with golden choli. Eshaan realized he has never seen Kavita with her hair open. She always ties it in a bun with jasmine flowers around it and her parting filled with Vermillion. Kabir looked handsome dressed in a Maroon velvet suit. His hair neatly gelled and combed. Eshaan and Kavita greeted each other happily. Eshaan extended his hand to Kabir. He took a moment before shaking hands with him. Eshaan smiled but his smile looked forced.

'Come sit with us.' Kavita suggested. Eshaan suppressed his smile and nodded. Kabir wanted to protest but dropped it. The three of them walked towards the front row. Eshaan felt grateful to Kavita and Kabir.

*******************************

Soon, the lights dimmed, and the spotlight fell on the stage. A beautiful young girl wearing an ink-blue off shoulder evening gown walked on the stage. She brought the mike close to her mouth and looked at the crowd. She smiled widely and welcomed everyone to the last night of the fashion week. Her speech ended with loud cheers and claps from everyone.

Eshaan shifted in his place as soft tune began playing and one by one gorgeous model began walking on stage.

He waited patiently for Monica's turn. Soon, his wait was over, and she walked out from the backstage. Eshaan found his breath stuck in his throat watching her cat-walk on the stage. She looked gorgeous dressed in ethnic wear. She had worn a floor-length red Anarkali with high front slit. There was delicate work along the U-neckline and around the wrist of her full sleeves. Her attire was matched with round golden and pearl chandband earrings. Her eye makeup and red lipstick enhanced her beauty and her confidence made Eshaan feel proud.