68~ You Are Lying...

Monica hurried through the corridor and stopped in front of the apartment. She took out the keys. She was still shaken from the incident and so, she struggled with the keys. Finally, she managed to unlock the door. Then, she entered and closed the door. Once inside, she breathed a sigh of relieve. She gulped closing her eyes. Her throat felt parched. She turned around and frowned upon finding the entire apartment pitch dark. She blinked her eyes and moved her hand. Aimlessly, she moved her fingers as she searched for the lights. When she found the switch to the lights, a dim night lamp switched on. The entire dark living room was suddenly illuminated by the dim yellow night. She looked towards the double sofa from where the long night lamp shone the light. Under the light, Eshaan was sitting on the couch. He had held the arm-rest tightly, his one leg resting over the other and an ice-cold look on his face.

'Eshaan?' Monica tugged her hair behind her ear and walked towards him. Eshaan kept glaring at her. From his expressions, Monica felt her heart sink.

'How was the meeting, sweetheart?' He asked in a steady tone. Monica was confused. Why was he addressing her as sweetheart? She opened her mouth to reply when he interrupted her.

'Tell me the truth.' – He leaned clasping his palms on his thigh, he looked intently at her, - 'Only the truth.'

Monica gulped.

Should I tell him the truth? Now, that I have broken off with Kabir it will be best to tell him – She debated.

But before she could answer, Eshaan got up angrily and marched towards her. She flinched with the sudden movement.

'You went to **** Kabir, right?' He said. Monica looked at him wide-eyed.

He found out. But how? – She thought fearfully.

'Answer me.' His tone high. Monica shook her head.

'No.' She said truthfully.

'Yeah, right.' – He scoffed placing his palms on his hips, - 'I saw you going inside Kabir's farmhouse and you two-'

'Yes, I and Kabir, what?' Monica asked sternly and folded her arms. Eshaan pressed his lips tightly and continued to glare at her.

'You know what.' He said.

Monica rolled her eyes, - 'You are speaking as though you saw me and Kabir having sex.' She said unabashedly. Eshaan clenched his jaw.

'I left before that, but I knew you-'

'I had gone to break off with Kabir and-'

'And he let you go just like that?' – Eshaan snapped his fingers, - 'I don't believe you.' He said seriously.

Monica sighed, - 'Eshaan, I am telling you the truth. I broke off with him, he was mad, but I managed to escape. Eshaan, you got to believe me.' She said, her tone changing into a pleading tone. Eshaan shook his head and Monica's heart fell.

'Till now, you have done nothing that will make me believe in you.' He said seriously. Monica shook her head.

'I know, I haven't but this time I am telling you the truth.' – She extended her hand and held his hand, - 'Eshaan, I love you.' She confessed while she held his gaze. Eshaan's expressions changed. He gazed into her moist eyes and for a moment he melted but then he was reminded of them hugging and Kabir touching her backside. His expressions turned stern again. He jerked his hand from her grip. Monica blinked at him.

'Just being with each other isn't enough to be in love, Monica. I don't trust you, a bit.' – Monica bit her quivering lip, - 'I love you too, Monica.' – She felt relieved, - 'But I am sorry, I can't be with you- we can't be together.'