6. long story

later that day we went over to fiona's court hearing to see if she was gonna be released

"fiona gallagher. case S6- 974356." someone said.

"is counsel present?" the judge asked.

"yes, your honor." the lawyer said.

"read the charges." the judge told her.

"possession of a controlled substance, a class 4 felony under 720 illinois criminal statute 570.1, and child endangerment, a violation of the reckless conduct code 720 ILCS5 section 12C-5, a class 3 felony." another women read off her paper.

"how does the defendant plead? miss gallagher?" the judge asked.

"not guilty, your honor." fiona replied.

when i looked at fiona, it was like i was looking at a stranger. she looked as if the life had been sucked out of her.

"defense requests the accused he released on her own recognizance." the lawyer said.

"cocaine overdose in a toddler? the child is still in intensive care." the women said.

"bail is set at 100,000$. check with the clerk to get a preliminary hearing date. next." the judge said.

"what?" veronica said.

we went over to talk to the lawyer and lip ended up loosing his shit on debbie because he was stressed out. he was more stressed after a social worker said liam might be put into foster care if they don't find frank.

while lip and kev were out looking for frank, i went back home to smoke a joint to ease my nerves.

"hey, pass me that." mike said sitting next to me as i passed him the joint.

"so, i heard you and fiona got together. this must suck for you." i said as he nodded.

"i love her, mel." mike said as he let out a sigh.

"but?" i asked knowing that there was something else that he wasn't saying.

"but i think that no matter how much she wants to pretend, she doesn't love me back." mike said as i looked at him with sad eyes.

"i'm sorry, mikey." i said as he just gave me a sad smile and smoke from the joint.

-