9. till it's soup

the next morning lip came back to pick up liam after carl and emma left for school

lip explained to me how fiona called him and she was upset because she felt like she had lost her family. so, we went over there and found fiona sleeping in liam's bed.

"hi, hi, hi." fiona said seeing liam and kissing him on the cheek.

"thanks." fiona said looking over at lip.

"no problem." lip replied.

i was happy to see that lip finally decided to ease up on fiona again.

i heard my phone buzz and i checked to see that it was max. i walked out of my house and met with him outside since he texted saying he was outside.

"hey, what's up." i asked him as he looked down at his hands.

"um, there's something i've been meaning to tell you." max said as he looked up at me.

"what is it?" i asked him.

"i know that this isn't gonna change anything between us, but i like you mel." max told me as i chuckled.

"i like you too, max." i replied.

"no, mel i mean i like you." max said as my expression changed.

"oh... oh. look, max i'm flattered but i'm-" i began but max cut me off.

"with lip, i know. and i don't wanna ruin that but i just can't stop thinking about you, mel." max told me.

"max, i think you're a great friend but that's all there is between us. i'm sorry." i replied.

"yeah, me too. see you around, mel." max said as he walked away.

and just like that, i lost a friend.

-

the next morning we were all out looking for liam since he was hiding. he always seemed to hide when he had a nightmare. we finally found him and lip went to get liam dressed.

we went back to my house and i brought liam over to the crib and then went back over to lip. we went into my room and had sex before lip needed to get back to the college for his noon class.

"hey, i should go." lip said putting his pants back on.

"okay, have a great day, okay?" i said pecking his lips.