Y E L L O W

CHAPTER SIX—YELLOW

CHAPTER SIXYELLOW

[ "How lovely yellow is! It stands for the sun." - Vincent van Gogh ]

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but Jungkook was almost certain the beauty that radiated itself from Seokjin could be seen by all. It was something that was noticeable no matter where or who you were. Every time Jungkook's eyes landed on Seokjin he got a feeling in his stomach that could only be described as butterflies (as cliché as it sounded). More so like butterflies fighting against a bigger enemy, one that isn't easily won. His chest feels airy—to the point where it concerns him—and he just knows his cheeks look like the color of red liquorice. Even so, it wasn't like Jungkook hated the feeling he got when he heard the familiar ding! of his notification sounding, alerting him that Seokjin messaged him. He didn't hate the sounding of the special ringtone set up just for Seokjin, so he knew when he was calling.

In fact, he lived for those moments. He found himself sitting around and waiting for calls or messages, and when they didn't come on time he got worried. Did I do something wrong? Does he not want to be my friend anymore? But those thoughts always wash away when his phone goes off. It seems a little ridiculous, he knows this, but Seokjin is the only thing to make him happy recently. Maybe because of that reason he's latching on so tightly. He can admit that he shouldn't but he can't help it.

The smile on Seokjin's face is one to be compared to by the actual sun. The happiness that radiates from it causes Jungkook's mood to do a complete flip. His stomach goes crazy and he can't help but to smile as well. It's like a tsunami forms within him, taking out all of the bad and leaving him a flat plain to restart (yes, he did just describe a tsunami in a good way). It's as if Seokjin was meant to be apart of his life in some form and he was truly grateful for whichever god had the idea of putting them together in such a way. He would thank each one individually if he needed to, he was that grateful. Seokjin became a big part of his life and Jungkook didn't want it any other way. He wanted to continue to enjoy the confidence Seokjin carried and to enjoy his jokes and daily lessons. He wanted to always be by his side and always have someone there for him. Seokjin was truly a gift.

But Jungkook didn't like him like that. No, he definitely only liked him as a friend. He was so sure of it. He was still heartbroken from his last shitty relationship and he knew that if he did have any feelings for Seokjin, they were just there for a rebound—something Seokjin wasn't. Seokjin was Jungkook's best friend, his guidance, and a reliable person for the younger male. Seokjin was like his rock, his foundation. He needed him and vice versa. They needed to rely on each other in order to get by.

In fact, Jungkook admired Seokjin. He loved the way he carried himself, how he had so much confidence in himself but it never came across as cocky. It came across as well put together and well-mannered. Jungkook liked to look at Seokjin's face because it held so much beauty. He wondered how a man could look like a statue, chiseled by the hands of gods themselves. He would catch himself staring constantly but because he was so intrigued and fascinated by it. No, he was not in love with Seokjin. He did not care to be thrown into a relationship with him. He only admired his foundation and his beauty, and he wished he could become a man like Kim Seokjin.

Maybe someday he can be.