Chapter one

When Andy got the offer for his dream job in Utah, I got really happy and sad at the same time. 

I was happy for him, because he finally got the opportunity, he has always waited for. 

On the other hand I got sad. He was the love of my life and we just got together. 

Although I really didn't want him to go, I had to let him. 

Let go, what you love the most, right? 

Before he left, we decided to try a long-distance-relationship. I knew it wouldn't work out how we want it to, but I wanted to hold on to the feeling of hope for our relationship. 

The first 2 months were easy. We talked everyday and I thought, we could make it.                                   

But after 3 months, it started getting harder and harder. 

We both had to go to work and we didn't have enough time to phone everyday anymore.       

After a total of 3 and a half months, he broke up with me. Over text. 

He just told me, that he wasn't made for a long-distance-relationship and that he couldn't do it anymore. 

For the first two days I didn't cry. I felt like I was in trance.                                                                                 

I even got to work. Everyday. In time. I just wanted to distract myself. 

But then I had a real breakdown. Like... seriously. 

At our weekly family dinner Joe asked me where Andy was. 

"Ahm... Joe, he's... ahm.. you know, he is working in Utah." 

I felt my eyes getting wet and was afraid to cry in front of all of my family. 

When my mom, who sat beside me, then put her hand on mine, I couldn't avoid it anymore. 

Heavy, hot tears started to roll down my face. 

I stood up and ran out of the room.