Chapter three

The day after our family dinner, I had to work again.

I actually was pretty happy, that I got an opportunity to distract myself.

I was working in an office that time, by the way.

When I got the job, my parents were so proud, because I finally did something on my own. Gosh, it made me so happy.

Their big failure finally did something with her life.

I remember mom's tears, like it was yesterday.

Talking about tears:

I expected work to be a distraction, but it wasn't.

I forgot to change the background of my working computer, when I still was in my trance-phase.

I turned my computer on and saw the picture of Andy and me kissing in a ferris wheel.

I was so sure not to have a breakdown today, but as soon as I saw the first tear dropping onto the computer keyboard I knew, that I would fail that.

Although I cried all day after I saw the picture, I somehow made it trough and ended up laying on my mom's lap watching our favourite series together.

She tried to comfort me, but that didn't work well. 

I just couldn't think of anything, but Andy. 

How is he? Does he already have a new girlfriend? Why didn't I try to convince him, that we'll work our relationship out? 

All this questions made me really tired and I fell asleep on my mom's lap. 

The morning after, I woke up in my bed. I had no idea how I ended up there, but my dad probably carried me there, like he did, when I still was a child. 

I got to the bathroom, put on some light make-up and went to work. 

The traffic was horrible that morning, so obviously I came late to work. Again. 

When I entered the office my boss was already waiting in front of my table. 

"I'm so sorry! The traffic was horrible today and then I- " 

"Was it because of Andy again?" Mr. Shue asked.

"No, no, why do you think that? Don't you think I can separate private stuff and work?"

"Well, yesterday it didn't seem so." 

"I know. It was just... I'm sorry." 

My boss looked at me, like I was an idiot. After seconds of starring at me, he finally went away. 

I sat down relieved and began to do my work.