Part One

23:46

Tuesday 3rd December 2013

Abandoned factory

Pittsburgh, PA

The cold metal against her wrist was cutting into her skin - making the scarring there worse than it already was.

Soraya tried to hold in her squeak as the handcuffs scraped against her wounds. Biting her lip, her eyes watered at the pain she felt.

The cut wasn't that deep but it was open wide enough to put her through hell when the metal rubbed against it.

She needed to get a hand into her pocket. She had a hair slider in there and knew that if she could get it to Jordan, he would make better use of it.

Feeling a liquid dripping down the side of her face, her eyes struggled to stay open as she found the hair slider.

It had to be sweat.

She felt as if she had just ran a hundred marathons in one go. Her body ached everywhere.

Every time she tried to move a limb, a burn coursed through her entire body.

When she heard small splash on the floor, she looked at the crimson coloured drop on the floor and realised that it wasn't sweat - it was blood.

She hardly had any time to register the blood when her face was brutally grabbed and tilted back.

Soraya opened her eyes wider and stared into the cold eyes that had haunted her nightmares over the past few days.

The silvery blue glare was challenging as a smirk crossed his scrawny face.

"Stupid bitch," he spat, digging his bony fingers into her cheeks and making her spit up more blood. He chuckled dryly as he pushed her away roughly and fixed his black blazer.

"Leave her alone, Dmitri."

"Jordan don't-." Soraya tried to say before she heard a heavy punch being delivered to his stomach.

He groaned heavily as he coughed and coughed.

Dmitri laughed again before walking away. Before he left, he turned to the two intimidating giants who stood on either side of the door.

"Get rid of them. I'm sure you'll do a good job, yes?"

The men nodded. "Yes boss."

"Soraya." Hearing Jordan whispering her name, she lolled her head to the side towards him and waited for what he was going to say next. "When he comes for you, kick him in his groin and kick his gun out of his hands." She strained to hear his voice with the loud ringing in her ears.

"What about you?"

"Don't worry about me, sweetheart." Through all the cuts and grazes in his face, she watched as he smiled at her. "Just make sure you get him."

"I've got great aim, remember?" She quipped before remembering the hair slider that was still in her hands. "Take this." She said as she strained to pass it over to him, hopping in her chair to try and get closer to him. When his fingers wrapped around hers to grab the slider, Soraya felt calmer.

"Hey! Shut the fuck up over there." The tall bald guy yelled after Dmitri had walked out.

Jordan dragged himself to sit up right in the chair, a smirk on his bloodied face.

"Come on, Johnny - we've had some fun over the times, right? Why don't you come over here and get me out of these things?" Jordan said. "We could finish off that game of chess like we were-." He ended in a groan as Johnny hit him on the side of his head with his gun.