Part Three

Friday 14th November 2013

Richards Household

Philadelphia, PA

19:20pm

"You look beautiful, sweetheart!"

Soraya's frown deepened as she tried to scratch her eyebrow only to realise that she would ruin her make up.

How her mother had managed to talk her into going to the event was beyond her.

Luckily, Diana had allowed her to choose a dress and so gone was the sparkly pink garbage that she had before.

In its place was a black sleeveless dress that fit like second skin on Soraya's body. The plunge bustier showcased the ample breasts that she had, her narrow waist flaring out into wide hips similar to her mothers. The slit on the right side of the dress revealed a large amount of her thigh which Diana was not too pleased about.

"But did you have to choose a dress that is so... Revealing?"

"This is the only way I'm going to the ball."

With a heavy sigh, Diana reached for the sparkling chain that lay in the open box beside her.

It was a tradition that Soraya wear it every time there was a ball.

Pulling her daughter's straightened hair away from her exposed shoulders, she put it on her and admired it in the mirror.

"Alright, can we go? I've still gotta come back home and study."

"Of course. Don't forget to tell people that you're in med school-."

"As I do every year. I'm pretty sure they haven't forgotten, mom."

She caught her eye in the mirror. "Please. Just remember to do it okay?"

Soraya rolled her eyes before moving away from the mirror and picking up her clutch.

Diana smiled at her apologetically, leading them downstairs where Howard was waiting in a three piece black tuxedo.

"My two girls look gorgeous!"

Her mom beamed before kissing him tenderly on the cheek.

Soraya's hand lifted to run through her hair until she remembered just how long had been spent styling it.

She hated having her hair made bone straight with heat and yet that was the exact torture she had been put through.

"Soraya?"

"Yes dad?"

"It's only a couple of hours." He reassured her as she anxiously smoothed out the dress. "I hope you plan on keeping that jacket on for the whole night." He said in reference to the amount of skin she had on show as she slipped on her jacket. The comment made her laugh - an action she hadn't done all night.

After helping Diana with her coat, Howard led the women to the black Benz that was parked in their driveway.

Soraya suddenly felt a tingle in her lower abdomen. That only happened when she didn't feel right about something.

She had to try to convince her parents to let her stay at home.

The studying excuse wasn't even a fake excuse - she had a lot of work to catch up on.

She should have listened when her cousins all told her about how medical school was no joke. She had thought being a pre-med student at college was hard but it was nothing compared to the work she was dealing with now. Intense wasn't even the word and falling behind wasn't an option for Soraya.