Part Four

Saturday 15th November 2013

Philadelphia, PA

Richards Residence

07:04

Howard threw his cell phone at the wall in frustration. He was getting nowhere. Every one he called came back to him with the same answer: They didn't know where she was.

The moment Diane had asked him where Soraya was, he had began to panic. He usually always knew where she was whenever she slipped out. She would always tell him where she was going but not this time. 

She had left after dancing with that stranger. Howard had not hesitated in asking everyone who the man was but nobody knew who he was. Not one person recognised him and not one person had actually spoken to him. 

It seemed that this attack was on purpose. They had targeted his baby girl. His angel.

Hearing his wife descend the stairs, he hurried to meet her. She waved him off and walked to the kitchen, her eyes glassy with a new batch of unshed tears. Her steps were slow and it was as if she was dragging herself to do everything. Her dress was still on. She hadn't had time to take it off.

As soon as they realised no one knew of Soraya's whereabouts, it had been quite manic. 

The police were no help.

They made it clear that because it hadn't been 24 hours, there was nothing that they could do yet. They tried their hardest to convince the parents that Soraya had maybe gone to a friend's house and not told them but Howard knew his daughter. 

Soraya was a rebel but she would have told him. 

She told him everything.

Bending down to pick up his phone, he dialled yet another connection who he hoped would help him. 

He was going to find her no matter what.

***

Saturday 15th November 2013

03:30

Pittsburgh, PA

Jordan stared at her as she lay in the bed that was supposed to be for him. He had a towel behind her head to try and soak up as much of the blood as he could and he had wrapped the blankets around her body to try and keep her warm. 

Moving her hadn't been a difficult task but it all felt so incredibly strange for him. He knew the moment he returned to reality from his trance that he had to get her more comfortable. The back of the van must have been incredibly uncomfortable for her and the mattress wasn't any better. 

It was a no brainer moving her into the bed that he was supposed to sleep in.

He didn't want her to wake up in even more pain than she was already going to do . 

Pacing up and down the room he thought about what he was going to do.

He couldn't even give her a fake name when she woke up because she would know who he was. He paused. Would she remember him? He hadn't changed that much in the last 6 years, she would definitely remember him. The only thing that had changed was the facial hair and the addition of more tattoos. Other than that, he was the same.

And from what he could tell - so was she.

High cheekbones, a full mouth and a flat-ish nose with slightly flared nostrils. The same flawless dark brown skin that he remembered and the same thick eyelashes. If anything, the only thing he could note that was different about her was the straight hair.