•Chapter Five•

Maddie looked at me,I looked at Lauren,Johnny looked at Hayden,Hayden looked at Nadia and Nadia looked at Ruby. We were all in shock at what I read. "Why does this have to be real?" I asked aloud.
"Because God takes the best angels up to heaven." Johnny answered. "Kenzie would've loved to hear that,you know." Ruby answered. "Stop reminding me! This is all my fault!" Johnny blamed himself. "No it's not,okay? Stop acting like it is!" I hissed back. "So now what?" Nadia asked. "We have to look for more clues." Hayden said. "What do you mean?" Maddie asked. "We should find more clues Kenzie could've left. Didn't she write in a diary,Maddie?"Lauren asked.
"Well-yeah. She always wrote in it. She always kept it away from everyone,as if it was a secret. Which,I mean it is a diary,but still. I've always wanted to read it." Maddie replied.
"Do you know where she keeps it?" Johnny asked. "No...she even kept it a secret for her hiding spot because she didn't want anyone even touching the diary. But,we can try to find it." Maddie said. "Okay. Let's do this." I said encouragingly. We all got up,and I ordered everyone.
"Maddie,look in the basement. Johnny,look in the kitchen- and check all the cabinets and drawers. The Ziegler's have a lot of them. Hayden,look in the TV room. Lauren,look in the living room. Nadia,look in the guest room where Kenzie has her paintings. Ruby,check Maddie's room. I'll check Kenzie's room." I ordered.
"It's not in my room,trust me Annie." Maddie said. "Just check." I order. Everyone went into their rooms to check where Kenzie's diary was. I just sat on her bed and cried that it had to come to this.