Chapter 14- The Wedding

(Chapter 14- The Wedding)

“Hold still, I can’t tighten this thing if you don’t stop moving.” Maria complained pulling on the strings.

“Sorry I’ve never wore a corset before. I thought that was an 18th century thing.” I said wincing every time it tightened.

“Well you’re going to have to get use to it. You will be wearing one every time there are balls or special events.” She stated.

Oh good heavens, I don’t think I could go through this every time. Once Maria finished tightening the gown I could hardly breathe. Is it really necessary for it to be this tight I mean come on? I will probably pass out before the ball even starts. I shifted uncomfortably in the dress before Maria came in carrying a huge gown bag.

She laid the bag on the bed and unzipped it before pulling out the dress. I gasped when I saw it. It was the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. It was an off white dress with beads and layers at the top. It was a dress made for a princess. I can’t believe I get to wear this dress tonight. Who would pick out something so beautiful for me? I would have to thank them.

“Maria who picked out this dress?” I asked. Before Maria could speak another voice spoke for her.

“I did dear, do you like it?” Chases mom said.

“Yes it’s beautiful. The most gorgeous dress I have ever seen.” I stated.

“Well let’s get in on you then.” She smiled.

I nodded and waited for Chase’s mother to take the dress from Maria and unzip it. Chase’s mom picked the dress up over my head so I could put my arms through the top. She slid the dress over top of me hanging loose until the back was buttoned and zipped. She stood back and examined me. Her eyes lit up and she smiled at me. Tears began to form in her eyes as she walked over to hug me.

“You look so beautiful. I’m so proud to be able to call you my daughter in law. I couldn’t have been happier to find out you were Chase’s soul mate. I always thought you two would end up together.”

I smiled at her and turned to look in the mirror. When I called sight of myself I gasped. I didn’t even recognize myself. My hair and makeup was flawless. My dress was one of a princess. I didn’t look like me. I started to tear up but quickly stopped to keep from ruining my makeup. I can’t believe I am going through all of this just for a ball.

“I want to give you something that I hold very dear to me.” Chase’s mom smiled.

I looked down at her hands as she pulled out a box. She handed to me as I reached for it. Once it was in my hands a slowly opened it. The sight I seen took my breath away. Inside the box was the most beautiful earring and necklace set I ever saw. Chase’s mom took them out of the box and placed them on me.

“This is too much. You don’t have to do all this.” I said amazed.

“This is a family heirloom and you are like my daughter and will be very soon so I would like you to have it.” She said.

Chase’s mom has always treated me very well. Her statement was true; she was just like the second mom to me. I used to spend a lot of time at Chase’s house over the summer. She and I grew close with me being over there all the time. I hugged her and thanked her for everything she has done.

“I am going to leave you alone now. I have to finish getting ready myself.” She smiled and left the room.

“Is there anything else you need for me?” Maria asked.