Chapter 27- Surrogate

(Chapter 27- Surrogate)

Josh and I landed right in front of Don's place but we were hidden by trees and bushes so no one knew we were there yet which was what we wanted. After steadying myself I decided to try walking. That jumping thing really messes with your head.

"It would be stupid for us to just walk in the door so follow me around to the back and we will sneak in that way. If Don knows you're here he probably won't let you go or Crystal either for that matter. I have a feeling this was all a set up." I explained.

"You're probably right. He really went through a lot to get you here. He must want something else." Josh stated.

I made my way through the trees and around the house to the back just as I had planned. I looked to make sure Josh was still behind me and he was so I began searching the house for an entrance. All I could see were windows and balcony doors on the top floor. If Josh could somehow get us up there on the balcony floor than we would be able to go through the door on the top.

I motioned for Josh to follow me and ran through the yard quickly. I led us under the overhang of the house and where there were no window and no way to be spotted by anyone.

"Do you think you can get up on the top floor?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I think so. I haven't worked on my specifics yet but why not try now right?" He joked.

"Right." I laughed.

Josh grabbed my hand again and this time I prepared myself for what was to come. With in a flash we were exactly where I wanted to be. He was spot on with his landing and I was thankful.

As I looked around I realized just how far up we actually were and suddenly remembered my fear of heights. I gripped on to the railing of the balcony to ensure I wasn't going to fall off just out of the blue.

Josh turned the handle of the door and to our surprise it was opened. I figured we would have to break in. Josh led the way in and I followed closely behind him for protection. At least if we were ambushed he could get us out quick if we were touching.

Looking around the room we just entered I realized it was the room I woke up in when Don brought me here before. Everything looked the same except for the newly added TV in the room. I silently wondered if someone else was staying here now.

"We can go through this door and it will lead us to the main hallway and we can begin checking the rooms for Crystal." I said.

"Ok but once we find her we are all getting out do you hear me?" Josh replied sternly.

I nodded my head in response but didn't speak. I was afraid that if I did I would give myself away somehow and I needed for that not to happen.

See what Josh didn't know is I had no intention of leaving. The way I figure it is that Don will never give up on me and I will never be able to escape him so I figured that I stayed here with him once Josh and Crystal are gone than maybe I could get him to trust me and he will show me how to use my powers to its fullest extent. From what I have heard he is the best and it would pay for me to learn from him.

Maybe if he thinks I am going to stay with him willingly and give him a chance he will show me everything I needed to know and then I could use it to take care of him once and for all. Grant it I hadn't thought my plan all the way through yet but I'm working on that. I didn't know for sure what I was going to do yet.

The only flaw in this plan is the fact that I'm not supposed to be using my power because of the babies but I don't know what I am supposed to do. I can't just let him get away with everything now can I? Maybe there is a way that I can control it and still protect the twins.