one chance

Preeta was restless. Pragya di had informed her that Karan had agreed for marrying her but why?. It was she who had developed feelings for him and could never tell him under the fear that he would call her a gold digger.
She took her phone out and called him.
" hello " she heard him speaking but did not answer him anything.
" preeta " Karan whispered her name shocking her. How did he get to know her number? It was her new number then how?
" preeta I know it is you. Please speak up " Karan screamed from the other end.
" Karan why did you agree to get married to me? "preeta asked him.
" because I like you preeta and I would love to spend my rest of my life with you mental " he answered her honestly.
She cut the call the next moment he said this to her.
" your a gold digger. Your back of my brother that's the reason you are making stories about sherlyn " he accused her hurting her whereas she pleaded him to hear her once but he refused.
Him not trusting her affected her more than Rishabh not helping her. That was the moment preeta realized Karan had made place in her heart for himself. The arrogant lutra always brought up the chirpy preeta in herself.

His accusations still echoed in her ears. How was she supposed to give him a chance when she can never forget the hurt he had caused her once. She was ready with her decision refusing to marry him. She would not let Karan luthra hurt her again.

Karan had arrived the next morning to arora house surprising everyone. He had apologized to everyone for his past behavior. Everyone had forgiven him except preeta who remained silent during his apologies.
" I want talk to  you preeta " said Karan to  looking at her.
" if you here to talk about our marriage. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to marry you " preeta firmly said.
Karan felt his heart breaking hearing her refusal.
" one last talk. I will agree with your decision " he said her.
Sarla insisted preeta making her agree.
Preeta and Karan were left alone to talk in the room.
" why are you not willing to marry
me ?" asked Karan.
" you very well know the reason Karan " replied preeta.
" I want a valid reason preeta arora. The reason which you gave was invalid. You don't marry me because I did not trust you? Seriously! You were a stranger to me then how could you except me to trust you over my
family ?" asked Karan.
" everyone in your family have forgiven me except you " added Karan further.
" they forgave you because they never excepted anything out of you Mr Karan luthra but I expected you to trust me. You could never hurt my family because they never gave you that place in their heart but I gave. You accused me of being a gold digger. You have hurt me more than I could handle. " preeta screamed On him.
" why had you not said me this
before? " Karan asked her amused.
" because I did not want you to accuse me of trying to trap you " answered preeta controlling her tears.
Karan remained silent for a while. He could not understand what to tell her now. He never thought that preeta had harboured deep feelings for him.
His words had hurt her more than he had thought.
He came close to her shocking her with the close proximity.
" I don't know what to tell you now. I know I have hurt you than anyone else. If you can please give a chance to this relationship. A chance for us to begin afresh. I like You preeta. I will not tell you that there was no one before you in my life but after you it will be no one. I never had the feeling which I have for you towards any other girl. I doubt I ever would have.
I would not tell you that I love you now but I can assure you that maybe we can try finding our love together in this relationship " explained Karan to her.
He moves away from her and was going out of the room.
" this is the last chance Karan. Dare you hurt me I will break your
legs " warned preeta making Karan smile.
" then you will be one to treat me, miss physiotherapist " he smirked at her.
She looked away and was trying to go outside when he had pulled her towards him.
" can I get a kiss please? " he asked her pouting at her.
"Karan " she said in her sweet voice.
"please. I have just proposed you for the marriage and you agreed. So logically your my girlfriend. So I'm just demanding a kiss from my girlfriend please" he pleaded and she did not refuse him .
" close your eyes" she said him.
"what?! "
" you will get a kiss when you close your eyes " answered preeta.
" no " refused Karan.
" fine " Karan said again when he saw her trying to go out and understood she would never kiss him if he did not close his eyes.
He closed his eyes. He felt her kissing his cheeks and he felt bliss.
He opened his eyes after a moment.
She had gone out shyly and he had followed her out.

Before Karan could announce their decision, Sarla asked
"Karan beta when is your family coming to fix the engagement date? "
Karan was taken aback for a moment.
How did Sarla aunty know that he had convinced her daughter.
Preeta looked at him and looked down blushing. What had happened?
" Jiju please wipe out the lipstick mark in your cheeks " said shristi passing him the handkerchief.
Karan was left embarrassed in the situation. He had talked about the engagement held soon but wanted to delay in the marriage as he wanted to spend some time with preeta before marrying her. Shristi had teased him about it.
" di don't lose control around Jiju. I know my Jiju is drool worthy " teased shristi.
Preeta scolded her sister to keep quiet.

Karan had left the place but not before winking at her. Preeta had winked back at him and he had gasped seeing her doing it. She was crazy.