1. When you smile, the whole world stops and stare for a while

"Okay I think we're ready." said Simon to his bandmates Matteo and Pedro. They just finished rehearsing. They were playing another night in some random bar, for barely any money, for people that don't even care about the music they play or their passion and love for music. The trio, which called themselves 'Roller Band' was playing together for 3 years already, even though five months ago they changed the guitarist to Matteo because the old one quit. They were dreaming that one day they would become big. However, the furthest they got, were some unknown bars in Buenos Aires. So their public were mostly middle-aged drunk men. Simon, as the most optimistic of the group, kept his belief that one day, they will break through and they will become famous, unlike his two bandmates, who were doubting this whole band thingy from the point when they started to seriously struggling with paying their rent. Then the old guitarist quit after two years playing and playing and not moving anywhere further than the bars. After Matteo joined them as a new guitarist, Pedro gave Simon an ultimatum. They will give their band a year. A year in which the band has to move closer to some kind of stability or they will break the band up and find some normal job. The year was in its ninth month, meaning eight months already passed without anything happening. They released three singles, which got barely any views and recognition. Their writing was getting worse and worse. And their love and passion for music were slowly disappearing. They were seriously flopping.
"Okay.. let's get some food before we go on stage." Said Pedro.
"I prepared us some sandwiches. Remember, this bar is more expensive and fancier than we are used to playing in." Matteo reminded them. 
Simon sighed. He was thankful for the chance that his two best friends gave him with the band, but sometimes, when he saw how much they really are struggling, he felt very guilty and he was even thinking to break the band earlier before the year they gave him expire. 
Pedro noticed the frown on Simon's face and tried to make him better immediately. 
"Oh yay! Sandwiches! I love your homemade sandwiches, Matteo!"
Matteo understood right away what is his friend trying to do and came for help:
"Oh yes! And look at the bar! Much fancier than what we played yesterday, right! Maybe better times are really waiting for us."
Simon just forced a smile and padded the back of his friends, appreciating the effort. 

------------------------------------------
She took one last look into the mirror to check herself. She was wearing a black shirt with a deep v neckline with a jean miniskirt and boots with high heels that reached her knees. Her makeup was heavy, with eyeliner and red lips, her hair was falling down on her shoulders in free curls. She gave herself a satisfied smirk in the mirror, took her purse, put it on her shoulder and then took her phone and texted her boyfriend. 

To: Benicio
I'm ready. Where are you? I'm not gonna wait for you until Christmas!

She sighed. She met Benicio two weeks ago at dinner with Sharon and some of her business partners. He texted her after and invited her out. Sharon told her that it would be good for the reputation of both of them if she accepted, so she did. It's not like he isn't not-good-looking, he actually isn't that bad, plus she hasn't dated anyone for 5 months already, since that loser Matteo broke up with her for... what was her name again? It was something related to space.. ugh... Venus? No.. it started with L.. Lyra? Probably. Why do you even care?? She asked herself. She is a loser as well as Matteo. And a boyfriend stealer! Not that the breakup hurt in any way possible except maybe her ego, she has never been that type of girl that dated boys because she was in love with them. In her opinion, feelings and emotions were just distractions. Matteo was, as well as Benicio is a son of a men Sharon was doing business with. They started dating because they both were very similar to each other. They came from a rich and known family, they both had the same opinion about the feelings thing. Until that Lyra girl came into their lives. Then, suddenly "she changed his view on things" as he told her and then he left her to her own faith. Not that she needs him. But she kind of got used to his presence. Now that place was filled with Benicio and she was fine with that. Today was exactly a week since they started dating and he was taking her out to some bar or whatever. And he was late! She picked up the phone again, ready to call him and scream when she heard a doorbell. She opened the door, furious:
"Finally!!! I said seven straight! Ugh... "
"I'm sorry, baby." He pulls her to him and kissed her. She, however, pulled away.
"Ugh just let's go or we will be late because of you! You said the reservation is at 6:30 and it's already 6:15!"
"Don't worry, baby. We will be there quick. You know with my new Porsche we are there in 5 minutes."
"Just don't kill me, you idiot."
He was annoying most of the time, but she needed someone by her side, now that her career as a model was starting to get more and more recognition, she couldn't go to all the events she was invited to alone like some loser. 
Sharon didn't agree with her being a model, to her it was a 'distraction' from her university study. However, Ambar could do both with perfection. Studying management AND becoming a well known and successful model. She started doing modeling after some casting agent met her at a school ball, where she got crowned as the queen of the school year. She, of course, enjoyed the attention, so she agreed to meet with the agency and sign with them. For her, it wasn't important at first, but when she got more known, and well-known fashion designers started to pick her for their collection, she realized she actually really enjoys it. 
"What are you thinking about, babe?" Benicio interrupted her thoughts.
"I'm thinking about how I'm starving and I need a drink." She rolled her eyes at him.
"Don't worry, I'm saving the day like always because we are here!" He parked and stepped out of the car, waiting for her to get out. "Ugh, could you be any slower, getting out of that car?"
"Shut up, Benicio." 
She got out and start walking to the bar without waiting for him. When she stepped in, she quickly checked the surroundings critically. It was very light, almost icy-looking. The bar and some of the walls were from glass, the chairs and tables were white. Next to the bar was a little stage. She checked out the band that was playing and groaned in disgust.
"You took me to a bar where is playing my ex with his stupid new band!?" She hissed at Benicio, who just caught up with her.
"How was I supposed to know that!" He answered back.
"Ugh!" She leaned on his arm and started pretending she is laughing very hard at something he said. "Let's go to sit. It better be far away from the stage or I'm leaving." She whispered to him after.
The seats were okay. Not so far away from the stage as she would like, but she decided to ignore the band, even though she had to admit to herself that they weren't that bad. She would never admit it out loud though. She took a peek at the stage over her shoulder and was surprised when her eyes met deep brown eyes of the main singer and guitarist. And when he smiled at her, she swore the world stopped for a second.