5. It was something like a perfect start

She got out of the car and tried to walk quickly enough to escape her friends, but they run to her and cought up with her in a few seconds.
"Ambar! So this was the reason you ditched us for the lunch?" asked Delfi out of breath.

"Uh! I didn't ditch you! I was going to meet you when he bumped into me and spilled coffee all over my dress." She tried to defend herself.

"You could at least text us you won't come. We waited for you." Said Jazmin with a hurt voice and Ambar rolled her eyes at her.

"It wasn't like I was PLANNING on to get my dress dirty and had to go back home to change, Jazmín! I couldn't go back to school with a dirty dress and he offered to take me there so-"

She got interrupted by Delfi. "So a RANDOM boy on the street offered to take you home.. by his car... and you accepted. With a complete stranger huh... "

She swore in her head. "We met before in one bar BUT NOTHING HAPPENED!" She added quickly when she saw her friend's faces. "He is basically just... a friend you could say."

"Ahh why are you so lucky to be friends with such a cute boys, Ambar!" Jazmín started whining but Delfina interrupted her.

"A friend. Yeah. Sure. You know that if we wouldn't interrupted you, you would be now making out in the car... right?"

Straight to the point, Ambar thought. She put on her fake smile and answered. "Please. Nothing happened! We were just talking plus! Girls! He is best friends with that girl. Luna! And he plays in the same band as Matteo. So.. no thank you."

She smirked at her friends' shocked faces. She definitely shook off their other questions with this information.

"You are kidding, right! Wow..." Delfi managed to say.

"You know I would gladly continue this discussion, but we have a class to attend to so let's go or we will miss it!" Ordered Ambar and started walking towards the building with her typical confidental walk, even though inside she didn't feel so confident at all.
-------
Simon put all of his strenght into running. He was already 10 minutes late to the band meeting with the recording company. He run up the stairs in a record amount of time and without any oxygen left, he rushed into the door.

"I AM SO SORRY I'VE MET SOME COMPLICATIONS ON MY WAY AND-"

He stopped when he saw the faces if his bandmates. On the opposite side of the table were seated three men in black, neat tuxes, looking at him with serious faces.

"I'm sorry..." he mumbled again and sat down next to Matteo who was still giving him a warning look.

"I actually think that's all we needed to know for now. We will listen to your songs a bit more and then we will let you know our decision." said one of the men with a serious voice and stood up along with the others. "Thank you for coming." He looked at Simon with a sharp look that made him shiver a little.

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity!" Answered Pedro for all of them.

After they shook hands and got out of the building, Matteo and Pedro turned to Simon with a face that made Simon scared of his life.

"WHERE WERE YOU?!" started Matteo straight from the point. "This was the biggest opportunity that has ever been given to us and you come late!? YOU! You of all of us, who has been believeing in out band the most! Who was trying the most to keeping Roller Band alive! It was always your priority! And now you blew this chance up??" This hurt Simon more than he can admit.

"Look. I am really sorry! I am! I didn't want to come late! You said it yourself! The band is my priority! I would never do anything to damage it!" He was trying to defend himself.