9. You know I've been alone for quite a while, haven't I?

It's been a week. A week from their unsuccessful date that led into him taking her to his apartment, their talk and, most importantly for him, their kiss. A week could look like a short period of time, but for Simón, it felt like months. Even though he met Ámbar just a few weeks ago, he felt a strong connection between them from the first time they interacted. He wanted to be with her, talk to her, get to know her and protect her from all the bad things. His mind was absent the whole week, he couldn't stop thinking about her and why didn't she answer any of his messages or calls. Even Matteo and Pedro noticed that he isn't being himself.

"Earth is calling Simon!! Hello!" Matteo was trying to catch his attention for a few seconds now, and he finally succeeded.

"What?" Simon looked up, confused.

Both Matteo and Pedro sat down each one of them on one of Simon's side, which made him confused even more.

"Look, Simon. We don't want to push you to tell us what happened for you to be like this... I mean we have our guess but... we are worried about you..." started Pedro carefully.

"Basically we know you probably screw something up with that mysterious girl of yours and now you think you're an asshole but you know.. girls are confusing." Stated Matteo, throwing all the honesty at him, while Pedro was roasting him with his look.

"Thanks, Matteo. But I don't actually know what happened... she... we had a date and she didn't arrive.. but then she called me and she was very upset, so I took her here, we talked and.... we.. kissed and-"

"Whoaaa and then?" Smirked Matteo.

"Then... nothing. We went to sleep, her in my room, me on the couch... the next morning she was gone, you know that and from there I haven't heard from her. She's not answering any of my calls or messages..." he put his head into his hands.

Both of the boys stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

"Well. I wouldn't want to be in your place, brother." Matteo padded his shoulder while Simón gave him a murderous look.
"What? Maybe she wasn't meant to be with you. On the other hand. Now that she's out of the picture.. can you finally tell us who was she? It's almost like she is a secret FBI agent who can't reveal her identity to no one!" He chuckled at his own joke.

Simón looked up and looked dead serious into Matto's eyes. "You, Matteo Balsano, are an complete idiot. But actually... there might be something.. you could help me with her..."

"Me?? Why?" Asked Matteo in surprise. "Wait... do I know her?" He widened his eyes in surprise. "Simon do you have a crush on one of my exes?!" He mocked him.

"Actually, Matteo, yes."

"So? Who is it?"

"It's... Ámbar."

Matteo stayed quiet for a few seconds, taking the information in. "Ámbar... as of... Ámbar Smith??"

Simón slowly nodded.

"Bro... I'm sorry to say this... but if it's her, I'm not surprised she acted like this and trust me, you're better off without her. She probably just manipulated you. She isn't a good person, Simón, trust me I know her."

Simón suddenly felt anger towards what Matteo said and it took him a lot of effort to not to completely snap at him. "That's not true. She is a good person. She told me about your relationship and it seems like you weren't treating her exactly great either."

"She told you about me? Ha! Then it's probably all lies. You can't trust anything she's saying." Matteo rolled his eyes.

"Oh really?? So it's not true that you were already going out with Luna while still being in a relationship with her and then left her when she found out, blaming it on her?" Simon snapped, not being able to hold his anger any longer.