Chapter Two: The First Day in the New World

"The Christians continue to piss me off, and to hear from Yuki their influence has spread more than my island and Europe... Oh my. Either way-- this is a journey of new adventures and sights-- In this confusing world, the light of my beloved is enough to guide me." -Oda Nobunaga

------

By the time morning had rolled around, not eight hours later, it turns out the once complaining Oda Nobunaga was out like a light. Something about the memory foam put him right to sleep. It was comfy-- like sleeping on a cloud, or what he thought a cloud would feel like if he had slept on one. Comforting, squishy but supportive, and soft-- Or, was that just because he was exhausted from being on his feet all day the day before?

He spent the entire day, before they left to the 21st Century, trying to evade Hideyoshi. His main retainer and vassal, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and as Yuki put it, in history, he would be the one to successfully enact Divine Rule and unify all of Japan. Bluntly, Hideyoshi was like a puppy, following him to and fro-- there was no escaping Hideyoshi. He was constantly at his back, asking what he could do for the Lord, or if he was alright. 'Nobunaga, I have surveyed the land of Echigo-- what do you need of me now?' 'Lord Nobunaga?' 'Lord Nobunaga!' Lord Nobunaga--' It was a constant cycle, not that he minded having a dutiful retainer. That was best. Someone who always listened, but--

When you're trying to fake your death so you can follow your lover who had come back in time around 500 years, to the future-- a puppy-like retainer was the LAST thing you wanted. There was little privacy, and no room for error. But, Hideyoshi was one issue-- He has thousands of other vassals-- And, four other head vassals; Date Masamune, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Akechi Mitsuhide, and Ishida Mitsunari-- though it depended on the situation, they, too, had been very dependent on him. Constant chatter.

Hideyoshi was likely the worst out of them all; always hanging over him, just as close to him as his shadow. Ieyasu was likely the best-- best working, best in this case as well. He kept his distance; the stoic tsundere, if anything, Ieyasu surely knew when he was supposed to be away. Mitsunari always listened, however, he would rather be with his books or in the armory, preparing, rather than sticking his nose into his lord's business. His nosiness was quaint; that was nice, in a lot of occasions. It seemed that if you give Mitsunari a book, he would likely starve before looking away from it.

Now-- There was Mitsuhide; his left hand-- if you were to call Hideyoshi his right. Now it might sound off, but he is the foil; the partner, the yin to Hideyoshi's yang. The two of them would give arm and leg for the sake of Nobunaga. He was the snarky, sly, mysterious foil to Hideyoshi's open, dedicated, kind and friendly appearance. The two of them were always at work, doing their best-- Mitsuhide, unlike Hideyoshi, was the one who constantly worked outside the Oda Clan, sneaking his way to-and-fro.

However-- there was also Masamune. The One-Eyed Dragon. A fierce warrior, never-ending flirt, brilliant tactician, Master of Falconry-- and one hell of a puppy retainer. Not as much as Hideyoshi-- Hideyoshi was practically Nobunaga's conjoined twin-- Masamune, on the other hand, was just dedicated. He was brilliant, always followed command-- he did what he was told, that was great-- But, when he's staying in Azuchi, it's like having a falcon there instead, scoping out pretty much everything, if Hideyoshi wasn't already. With the four of them combined, Yuki had jokingly called it 'Mission Impossible'. He didn't get the reference completely, but 'mission impossible' was certainly fitting.

In the morning, Nobunaga had breakfast with the rest of the clan, trying to not startle anyone into thinking his plan was coming. It was supposed to be a suicide attempt, well-- he wasn't actually going to die; iIt was faked. But, he still had to live it up enough-- Yuki joined him, of course. That was interesting-- and from there, the great chatelaine had many other things to attend to; including helping with the seamstress, aiding in lunch, cleaning with the rest of the maid staff and helping Mitsunari in the armory.