Chapter 4

My heart was beating out of my chest as I ran. I didn't know where I was going, but I just ran. When I was far away from the tent, that was when I stopped. Peter said that his Lost Boys were going to find and kill me. So this is like a game of hide and seek only...not. Well, Peter does think of this as a game.

I could hear footsteps and got nervous. Should I attack or hide?

Hide.

I immediately climbed a tree and made myself hidden behind the leaves. I covered my mouth with my hand so that my breathing wouldn't be heard. I sneaked a peek below and saw some of the Lost Boys running past the tree that I climbed.

Be careful, don't die, I heard Minho's voice in my head.

Thanks Minho for that moving speech.

Shaking off my nerves, I quietly climbed down the tree. I saw that there was an arrow right below me. I could've stepped on it if I didn't see it. I picked it up and saw that the tip was really coated with something.

Dreamshade.

If you need to kill anyone of the Lost Boys, feel free to do so.

I shook Peter's voice away from my head. That isn't one of the voices that I want inside my head.

I heard the Lost Boys screaming and howling like wolves. It reminded me of the shrieks of the Grievers inside of the Maze. My hands started to feel tingly. It was a familiar feeling. I had it every time I head out into the Maze. Adrenaline started to run inside my body.

Be careful, don't die.

"Alright."

Clutching the arrow, which will be the only weapon that I have, I began to hunt. I will hunt the boys down one by one.

I started to run once more. I headed for the beach. I remembered that it was east since I saw the sea when I was on top of the tree. Time to head out east. I ran and ran and was certain that I was headed in the right direction when I was able to hear the waves of the ocean.

A memory suddenly flashed in my mind.

The sound of the ocean was the last thing I heard before I jumped from that cliff. That memory then led me back to Newt-

NO!

This is not the time to get distracted. But if I get distracted and get myself killed, I could see Newt aga-

NO!

I broke my promise to Newt once. I won't break it a second time. I never even thought that I would get a second time.

If I'm going down, I'm going down fighting.

A flying arrow flew past my face, kicking me out of my thoughts. The arrow hit a tree that was right beside me. I turned around and saw that there was one boy a few feet behind me with a crossbow. My eyes widened and I bolted away.

I could hear his footsteps right behind me. I was glad when I reached the beach. I was about to dive in but then I heard another arrow coming towards me. I turned around and caught the arrow. The arrow was just near my chest.

Shuck, I almost died!

More adrenaline filled my body, mostly because I almost died and I had no shucking idea I could do that! The boy who shot the arrow was also shocked. I used that to tackle him to the ground.

He dropped his crossbow and I immediately took it. I straddled him down and the boy didn't bother to fight back since the tip of the arrow was right at his neck. I could just punch it a little and then he'll have the poison running in his body.

"What are you waiting for?" The boy screamed. "Do it! Kill me!"

Kill me!

I didn't see the boy right under me now, instead I saw Newt. His eyes filled with anger and hatred. My eyes started to mist.

Newt.

That vision was suddenly gone and I was right back at the beach. The boy was waiting for me to kill him. His eyes were shut tight, waiting for the final blow.

"No," I sighed.

"What?" He opened his eyes.

"I don't want any more blood in my hands. I can't kill again." I put the arrow away from his neck. "But I can't take any chances." I hit his head with the crossbow and he was unconscious. "I'm sorry."

Taking one last look at the boy, I decided to go back into the forest. I have no idea how much time has passed, but I now have a larger chance of surviving since I have a weapon.

Let's just hope that I will.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade