Epilogue

As the months have passed, I have developed a fascination for potions and Peter was more than helpful with searching for the proper ingredients. Peter has also helped me with my magic, although I don't use it very often because it was really tiring.

The usual things that I could do with my magic is appearing and disappearing like Peter and turning myself as small as a pixie. I was still having a little trouble with teleporting to different realms, so I'm still practicing that. But I was able to make fire appear out of my hands, as well as water actually.

Thankfully, Peter has gotten a lot of patience with me. He told me that his irritable demeanor was because of both the stress and the poison that was inside him. But now, he was really patient and I could see his smile more often than before. But whenever we're in the Enchanted Forest, he would still act like his old hostile self just so that people could see that he isn't one for games.

Peter didn't exactly heal overnight from the poison like we all had expected. He still took some time to heal and regain his strength. He's still in the process of regaining his strength until now, but I'm not worried since I know he'll get better.

As of now, Peter and I both had a spell on our noses so that we can't smell the foul smell from this flower called a rafflesia. I needed it for a specific potion that was ironically for smelling good. When we've already taken just a piece of the flower, Peter brought us back to Neverland.

When we got back, I immediately went to my own treehouse that Peter had made for me. My treehouse has a lot of rooms unlike Peter who's just got one, like when you go in that's it. I have my own bedroom and my own laboratory that Peter and Liya have designed for me. I also even have a room filled with souvenirs from a lot of mine and Peter's trips to the Enchanted Forest. He even promised me he'll take me to a place called Wonderland, someday.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Peter calling my name.

"What?" I left my treehouse to see rain pouring outside. There were some good days when Peter would make it rain just for me, this was one of them.

"I want to show you something that'll certainly blow your mind."

"Other than the rain," I said as I stepped out and let the drops fall on my body, "I'd say I'm already happy."

"You always are when it rains," he laughed. "But I think you'll like this new surprise. But I need it to stop raining."

When the rain stopped, he took my hand and the both of us ran through the wet soil. I know that we could've just teleported ourselves to wherever Peter wanted to go, but I still loved running.

As we ran, I could see some deers running alongside us. Peter explained to me weeks before, that animals couldn't live here with the poison in his heart. That he would create animals for the Lost Boys to hunt for sport or just play with, but he couldn't. Certainly not with Neverland dying. He didn't even take new Lost Boys, it was just the Shadow. But now he will once again.

We stopped running when we reached Neverland's shores. Peter faced me with excited eyes and held both my hands.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"Now that I'm almost fully healed, I can do something I've wanted to do again for a long time."

"What is it?"

"Just hold on tight."

"Okay," I said warily as I did what he asked of me.

Suddenly, I felt myself being lifted up into the air. I didn't think anything of it at first. But that light feeling, like when I am teleporting, didn't stop in just a second. When I looked down, I saw that I was flying.

"HOLY SHUCK!" I panicked. In my panic, I almost let go of Peter and could've fallen if it wasn't for him holding me tight. "You're- But how!?!"

"Magic," he laughed.

"We're flying," I laughed with him. "Peter Pan, you really are full of surprises."

It was so weird, seeing Neverland from this height. We kept on going higher and higher until Peter stopped when we were so high up that I could see the whole island of Neverland. It was a sight that I don't think I'll get tired of. I never exactly noticed that Neverland had this crescent shape, but now I know.

When Peter let go of one of my hands, I thought that I might fall, but I didn't. It was then that I noticed that it wasn't just him who was using magic, but also me. When I felt his grip on my hand loosen, I grip his hand.

"Why don't you try?" Peter asked with a mischievous smile. "Let go."

"I'll try it when we're not thousands of feet above, thank you very much."

I'm glad Peter didn't push it. Even if he let go of my hand and I fell, I knew he'd catch me. But I don't think I wanna try that when I'm still getting used to my magic. And if he does that, he'll face a lot of potions when we get back to the ground.

"This is pretty cool." The both of us were by some clouds and I was waving my hand to mess with them, making them disappear when I did.

"It really is," Peter agreed. "Oh how I missed this," he sighed contently.

"You can put me down if you want to fly some more without having to think about little old me."

"No," Peter squeezed my hand gently. "I like it up here with you."

I smiled at that. "Well, I like it up here with you too."

"(Y/N)," Peter suddenly faced me.

"Yeah?"

Peter looked at me with a certain softness in his eyes. "I- I'd like to say something to you."

"What is it?" I was a little curious since Peter suddenly seemed....bashful. That's definitely out of character for him.

"It's something I wanted to say for quite a while. It's been bothering me."

"Okay." I started to worry. Was there another life threatening problem we had to solve?

"I," he pursed his lips, "I lo..."

"You what?" I titled my head, not knowing where this is going.

"I look this young, but I'm not exactly that young." The words escaped his mouth really quick and I think he was confused as I was.

I stared at him. Processing what he just said.

"I know that," I told him. "I mean, in the fairytales in my realm, Neverland is a place where nobody grows up. That's what was bothering you?"

"Yeah," Peter nodded his head vigorously.

"Okay," I laughed. "If you think that a couple of hundred or thousand years will make me run away from you, you're wrong. I like Neverland and I'm here to stay. Is that all?"

"Well," Peter continued. "Since you accepted some of my magic you'll never grow old. You'll be just like me and your emotions are tied to Neverland as well."

"Peter, I knew what I got myself into and I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Good," Peter smiled. He actually seemed relieved. "Because I really like it here with you."

"Me too."

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade