Chapter 15

He rushed at me, wrapping me in a huge hug. I hugged back, burying my head in his shoulder, breathing in the still familiar smell of my brother and the hugs I had come to love, 7 years ago. 7 years. That was a very long time- half my life I had been without my brother.

I could hear him muttering underneath his breath and I think I thought I heard 'oh my god' several times in a row. His hands were wrapped across my back, squeezing my back as tight as possible and I could feel everything welling up inside me all at once.

I was sad, scared, angry, bitter, frustrated, rejected, guilty, anxious, joyous, basically every feeling possible. As I felt him release the hug I pulled back and looked at him straight in the eyes, seeing him with tears in the corners of his eyes and mussed up hair from the hug.

"I can't believe it's actually you, it's just- I've been searching for years and I never got anywhere." My heart lit up at those words, I thought he had never even been searching.

"Really I- ugh- I thought you weren't even looking." I looked down, I little embarrassed that I had even thought that he wasn't looking, but after so many years you lose hope.

"They wouldn't let me access any records, even after I turned 18 they kept turning me away, saying that you didn't want any contact with me." I was more than a little shocked.

"What-? I haven't been living with that family for at least three years, they kicked me out." His eyebrows raised, squeezing onto my hand.

"I don't blame you, I didn't like them when we first met them."

"Wait what? You only met them twice didn't you?" He shook his head, laughing.

"You don't think I did a bit of sneaking behind the scenes? Bloody hell I stood behind the door at all their interviews and I hated them, you wonder why I didn't want you to go." I was on the verge of tears and I raised my hand up to my face to wipe them away, sniffling.

I leaned into the hug this time, just wanting to stay there forever. Vikk, mouse didn't really suit him anymore, rocked me from side to side and squeezed me tightly for at least a minute before I pulled away to wipe my teats away again.

"I don't think I can really call you mouse anymore, you've grown past that one." He laughed, burying his face in my hair.

"I think it suits you more, little rex." I groaned, it had been years since anyone had even bought up that name, I think even my family had even started to stop me calling me that before the fire. I used to have epic tantrums around the age of 5, throwing things knocking things over, screaming and stomping and the nickname came from that.

"That was honestly the last thing I wanted to come from your mouth, 8 years later and I still can't get rid of the reputation I had when I was 5." I pulled away again, only just realising that everyone else was still in the room and probably staring at us.

I wiped away the tears again, which were still flowing and turned to everyone else, noticing at least two phones out and smiles on everyone's faces. I was feeling happy again, the butterflies were gone and had been replaced by an almost buzzing feeling, a feeling of disbelief and joy.

"Hey, hey, don't cry, I'm here now." I laughed through the tear again, even though they were happy tears.

"Sorry it's just- actually you get it, I'm happy." He squeezed my hand again and I pulled Vikk over to the couch that only Lachlan was sat on and he moved over so we could sit on it beside him and I curled into his side, just like I had done as a young child.

"Well that was emotional, I think I might cry." That was Preston, who had a huge grin on his face and was watching Jerome, who had his phone out and was watching what I assumed to be a video, possibly of Vikk and I.

I yelped as I heard the door bell ring, several times and very loudly, not expecting anyone to suddenly ring it. I also thought I heard shouting outside, although I couldn't decipher what they were saying until someone ran to open the door, Josh did, and then I could hear 'open up!' and 'we're here idiots!'

"Oh Jesus Christ, that's Harry and Ethan right there, and Tobi probably."

"Who? What?"