eighteen

i heard a knock at my window as i was nervously waiting for oliver to pick me up so we can get on our way.

i ran over to my window to see oliver. i opened it and looked down at him.

"hello beautiful, ready to go" he pouted up at me. i giggles to him handing him my duffle bag, then i put on my backpack.

"got everything" he asked.

"yep i'm pretty sure" i said jumping down from the window almost stumbling over.

"are you sure you wanna do this?" he asked.

"it's too late now. new york will be a blast and if we end up homeless, then so be it" i said patting him on the shoulder.

we both set off down the road to the bus stop. i walked onto the bus and waited for oliver to follow me.

he stood at the entrance of the door and blew out his final breath of smoke and threw it down.

we both plopped down into one of the seats.

i looked out the window as the bus started moving.

——

we arrived to a business building as we got off the bus.

"are you sure you know what you're doing?" i asked him.

he pulled out a key

"this is all we need" he assured me walking over to a nice sports car and opening it.

"wow.." i said following him getting into the passengers seat.

we pulled out of the parking lot, heading on our way to new york city.

goodbye boring oregon..