eleven!

[NOTE: NOT TEXTING]

it was tuesday. 5:00 pm. emaline sat on a bench in town. it was quiet. not as many people were hustling around this evening as usual. beside emaline stood a sign, that showed the times that buses
arrived and departed. the next one should be arriving any minute.
suddenly, she heard course breathing and heavy footsteps approaching from her left, turning to see tyler sprinting relentless toward her.
he came to a stop and nearly ran into the bench she sat on. he caught his breath
for a moment, then dropped his suitcase on the floor.
emaline raised an eyebrow. "you alright?"
tyler held out his pointer finger for a moment then spoke. "yeah," he panted. "i just didn't want to miss the bus."
she looked at the street in front of them, then shrugged. "you didn't."

emaline bit her lip. her stomach turned. she didn't want to go through with this.
"are you sure this is what you want to do?"
tyler was looked straight ahead now "yes."

only seconds later did a large, blue and white bus pull up onto the street.
they both stood up, grabbing their luggage from the bench.
"got the tickets?" emaline asked.
tyler nodded, pulling them out of his pocket as the bus doors opened. he stepped into the bus first, handing the bus driver the tickets. he hole punched each of them.
emaline hauled her suitcase up tiny staircase into the bus. it was pretty empty. about six or seven people, all up near the front.
she gave a tiny nod to the bus driver as she walked by, following tyler almost all the way to the back of them bus.
"you take the window seat. i've always hated it."
emaline laughed a little, looking at him weird. "why?"
he shrugged with a little smile. "i don't know. just don't like it."
emaline rolled her eyes and slid her luggage underneath her seat, sitting down.
she looked out the window, water droplets were isolated over the tinted glass from a rain shower that hit earlier. now it was just cloudy, yet the sky still appeared gloomy, and ominous.
tyler sat beside her and looked down at his hands, fumbling with them.
"thank you again."
"what?"
"thanks." tyler repeated. "thanks for coming with me. i wouldn't have been able to do this without you."
"sure." emaline just gave him a little smile before turning to the window again. the bus would be leaving any minute now.

she felt like she was leaving forever. she felt uneasy. she felt scared.
but most of all,
she felt like she was disappointing kate.

'kate's probably worried sick. jesus i should've never agreed to this.'

she reached for her phone in her pocket. it lit up with several messages from kate.

kate knows i'm missing.
fuck.
fuck.
fuck.

emaline tightened her fists. she felt like she was hurting kate by doing this. actually, she was hurting her. but she couldn't just tell kate where she was, she'd only be more upset at her.
emaline's lip trembled as tears began to fill up her eyes. but she wiped them away.
think of tyler.
she turned over to him, he was staring ahead with a huge smile plastered across his face.
his eyes were filled with an undeniable hope. hope, that in just a week, oliver could be sitting on this bus, next to him.
and emaline did not want to crush that hope. she couldn't.
she smiled.

'maybe this is a good thing.
maybe, kate will understand why i did this.
no,
she will'

just as emaline put her phone back into her pocket, the bus began to movie.
"thank you for riding with us today ladies and gentlemen. we'll be arriving in new york city, new york, in about 48 hours."

'you'll be back,
emaline. don't worry about it.'

[buzz!]

missed call from kate!

thank u for 20k omg!!!